• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM for alternator adjustment/troubleshooting

My voltmeter has been reading out of the green zone on my Deuce and I've done some reading here and it looks like I need to find the appropriate TM and go about troubleshooting, adjusting, and/or replacing my alternator. Can anyone help me find the right TM? I have looked through the resources section but there are so many of them I don't know which one to look through. Is there a way to search the resources section?

Thanks,

Dennis

I noticed today that the Deuce cranked a little slower than usual but just thought it was because it was a bit cooler out last night than normal. However, by the time I drove it to work (couldn't resist :mrgreen:) the voltage gauge was deep in the yellow.

After work I went back out and the voltage gauge had risen to a bit below the green (my Deuce has the tiny little solar panel on the hood with a little controller down in the battery box that says "Solargizer" on it, maybe it charged the batteries a little bit?), but when I hit the starter she turned over slowly but managed to fire. I drove it home (thank God for mechanical diesels) and pulled the batteries out and am charging them now - the alternator is definitely not charging.

Hopefully I will have some time on Sunday to reinstall the charged batteries, fire the Deuce back up and get to troubleshooting with my multimeter. Anyone know where I could find a rebuild kit for the alternator? As long as there aren't any specialty tools required, since the documentation is good I may just rebuild it myself if I can get the parts if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks