• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM for alternator adjustment/troubleshooting

My voltmeter has been reading out of the green zone on my Deuce and I've done some reading here and it looks like I need to find the appropriate TM and go about troubleshooting, adjusting, and/or replacing my alternator. Can anyone help me find the right TM? I have looked through the resources section but there are so many of them I don't know which one to look through. Is there a way to search the resources section?

Thanks,

Dennis

I noticed today that the Deuce cranked a little slower than usual but just thought it was because it was a bit cooler out last night than normal. However, by the time I drove it to work (couldn't resist :mrgreen:) the voltage gauge was deep in the yellow.

After work I went back out and the voltage gauge had risen to a bit below the green (my Deuce has the tiny little solar panel on the hood with a little controller down in the battery box that says "Solargizer" on it, maybe it charged the batteries a little bit?), but when I hit the starter she turned over slowly but managed to fire. I drove it home (thank God for mechanical diesels) and pulled the batteries out and am charging them now - the alternator is definitely not charging.

Hopefully I will have some time on Sunday to reinstall the charged batteries, fire the Deuce back up and get to troubleshooting with my multimeter. Anyone know where I could find a rebuild kit for the alternator? As long as there aren't any specialty tools required, since the documentation is good I may just rebuild it myself if I can get the parts if needed.