• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM Section - Input Wanted

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there gonna be an upload feature if we have a manual or two that are not in the groups they belong in? Even if it get's uploaded to a server file and then whoever is in charge of that section can go to that file periodically and check the uploads and place them in the apropriate groups for use by the membership. It would simplify the whole process. Rather than PM the person in charge or e-mail the files, it could be done anytime day or night, and then the person in charge of the TM's could review the uploads and load/transfer them to the TM section.

Crazyguyla

I like the tagging idea. have the tags as sticky's at the beggining of each vehicle form. Just to remind everyone that the only TM's/ Military Manuals that can be uploaded are the one's that aren't restricted distrubution. The front should say "approved for public release" or something close to that. Any that say "restricted to goverment agencies" or something to that fact cannot be uploaded. If you have a restricted TM/ Manual in PDF format, DO NOT upload the file. If it accidently gets approved, the site can face some serious troubles. DO NOT upload restricted manuals. [thumbzup]

LuckyDog

... Just to remind everyone that the only TM's/ Military Manuals that can be uploaded are the one's that aren't restricted distrubution. The front should say "approved for public release" or something close to that. Any that say "restricted to goverment agencies" or something to that fact cannot be uploaded. If you have a restricted TM/ Manual in PDF format, DO NOT upload the file. If it accidently gets approved, the site can face some serious troubles. DO NOT upload restricted manuals. [thumbzup]
Maybe you guys know about this site:
http://www.apd.army.mil/usapa_home.asp

or

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/online.cfm

Has all the TM's that are approved for puplic release. It may be only for currently available TM's. Might still need the resource section for out of print TM's. Just downloaded the most up-to-date versions of the MEP002A, MEP003A, and M101Ax manuals. I think the easiest way to search is by NIIN.

I haven't tried to log in or set up and account. but it says with an account you get access to the other TM's.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the tagging idea. have the tags as sticky's at the beggining of each vehicle form. Just to remind everyone that the only TM's/ Military Manuals that can be uploaded are the one's that aren't restricted distrubution. The front should say "approved for public release" or something close to that. Any that say "restricted to goverment agencies" or something to that fact cannot be uploaded. If you have a restricted TM/ Manual in PDF format, DO NOT upload the file. If it accidently gets approved, the site can face some serious troubles. DO NOT upload restricted manuals. [thumbzup]
That's why I suggested having them uploaded to a server file and then having the person in charge of the TM's review the uploads before posting them. Someone might inadvertently upload a restricted manual and this would be a second level of defense to help prevent an accident.

mangus580

That's why I suggested having them uploaded to a server file and then having the person in charge of the TM's review the uploads before posting them. Someone might inadvertently upload a restricted manual and this would be a second level of defense to help prevent an accident.
Thats how the old setup was, and how the new will be for sure.

davey8943

Mangus,

Thanks for tackling a big "open" item!

Is it would be possible to list all of the TM's / other pub's on one page? Right now there seems to be a 25 file-per-page limit. If they were all listed, a person could at least use the search function inside the browser to look for any files with "NHC 250" in the title (for example...)

Just my two cents...

Thanks again for helping make a great site GREATER!

Dave

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM9-2320-361-10 (duece operators manual) is listed as restricted on the LOGSA site. It's also downloadable in the TM section here.

mangus580

Mangus,

Thanks for tackling a big "open" item!

Is it would be possible to list all of the TM's / other pub's on one page? Right now there seems to be a 25 file-per-page limit. If they were all listed, a person could at least use the search function inside the browser to look for any files with "NHC 250" in the title (for example...)

Just my two cents...

Thanks again for helping make a great site GREATER!

Dave
Dave, the 25/page limit was put in, because it used to take like 2 minutes to load the page otherwise....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks