• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To camo or not to camo?

dilvoy

If you paint it one solid color, the camo pattern may show through in the form of a different tone of color or just different texture. I have had to paint a very heavy coat and even paint a truck two times to make the a solid green color look consistant. Sand color seemed easier as it bounces more light back and hids any dings much better than the green.

AJMBLAZER

Consider your buyers if you are selling it locally.

I have rust issues as well and am going to fix them. After that my truck will likely end up Rhino Liner black and flat black.
Up here unfortunately camo doesn't say "military" to people, it says "redneck".

Between the two choices you gave I vote forest camo but if I were selling it I'd do whatever is easiest for me. No sense in sinking money into something that might not make me any extra.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright, Am I missing something? 4.56's with 17 MPG and over 80? I would think there would be parts strewn across the highways.

Croatan_Kid

I got a Shift Jr. from TransGo and it's to eliminate 3-4 problems and sticking throttle vavle, but I'll definitely double check everything. We haven't even started building it yet.... :cry: Oh, for the converter lock-up I got an auto lock kit that locks in 4th gear. There aint no hills in eastern NC and I don't tow very often. We need to get hoppin' on that whole transmission building thing, I finally got the SF97 today!

In response to hndrsonj:

255/85-16s are about 33x10.50s, then add in overdrive and some help from the turbo.....I can see 80 mph. 17mpg, I'll take his word for it. I don't know how many RPMs you would be turning with that combo, but it seems plausible.

AJMBLAZER

hndrsonj said:
Alright, Am I missing something? 4.56's with 17 MPG and over 80? I would think there would be parts strewn across the highways.
.78 OD 4th gear in a 700R4. Suddenly that 6.2L is leading a much happier life.

Taz

Howdy,
The truck was sold about a year ago. New CARC paint (camo) new driver's door. I hated to sell it and miss it and the mileage it got, but I had some medical bills to pay! My share of my wife's helicopter ride to the hospital was $6000... The truck ended up in Chicago and the buyer is happy with it I hear. No, the rods were not about to shoot out!!

I was finishing up a five year build of an '88 crew cab K30. Basically a brand new truck, 2005 powertrain, super nice. I don't miss the 1008 when I drive this one! I still have my M1009 and M1031 when I feel the need to drive green!

Attachments

beags86

Howdy,
The truck was sold about a year ago. New CARC paint (camo) new driver's door. I hated to sell it and miss it and the mileage it got, but I had some medical bills to pay! My share of my wife's helicopter ride to the hospital was $6000... The truck ended up in Chicago and the buyer is happy with it I hear. No, the rods were not about to shoot out!!

I was finishing up a five year build of an '88 crew cab K30. Basically a brand new truck, 2005 powertrain, super nice. I don't miss the 1008 when I drive this one! I still have my M1009 and M1031 when I feel the need to drive green!

-hmmm i rememeber that truck, must have something to do with you painting the bed around the time i was in street rod. turned out great, nice job gary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks