• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Todays Govliq loadout. How'd I do ? : D

Chrispyny

Won the auction for $502. After fees and tax it came to $628.

Local warehouse had these running a pneumatic conveyor belt. They were supposed to be installed in series to share the load but they were never installed correctly and only the one on the right took 90% of the load. They priced the fix and it would have been to much so they went with one much larger system and said screw it, get rid of all this. I found it locally on govliq which was exciting because the closest govliq auction i ever won was 6 hours away. So i scheduled a preview and the warehouse manager told me the whole story.

I contacted the local Quincy sales/repair/warranty shop and after vaguely asking for prices on a parts list to get compressor #2 up and running before i won the auction, the service guy put 2 and 2 together and new the compressors i was bidding on. They sold the compressors to the warehouse and serviced them accordingly. They told me the whole story which jived exactly with what the manager told me. One took all the load, the other was in great shape. The quincy service guy which was really nice priced what these go for new and 'their' price was $3,950. he showed me on his screen.

Altho the 2 crummy pictures on govliq showed one compressor, the manager told me if i won, he would include both compressors, and third pallet of goodies like air dryer and electrical boxes pictured for free.

I began to bid once the auction opened and crossed my fingers that no one else drove to southern albany county for a preview. Most buyers on govliq are never local. If you ever bid on something on that site, you know what i mean.

I was in a bidding war with one other person and i figured they had no clue what they were bidding on as they stopped at $482.

Anywho, i got everything pictured including air dryer ( $1,200 ), 1 like new 80 gallon, 4 year old, made in usa from top to bottom $4k compressor, one compressor with a great motor but currently missing pump ( i have a call in to warehouse to find that bad pump, they are rebuildable ), all electric wiring, 2 automatic drain valves, 2 electrical boxes ( dunno if i can use them ), and misc attatchments and goodies ...

$628. How'd i do ? ... :D

Edited in attempt to follow the rules. For those that were helpful, thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How'd I do ? : D
Not that good, we request(rules) that members attach photos(rather that links) when posting.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats a good askin price just to unload these pretty quickly ?
$629, you know what they cost new...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not list them for sale in this thread. That is what the classifieds are for.

Also you do realize that GovLiq is not only selling government owned items any more. They are now selling a bunch of privately owned items.

Last edited:

Chrispyny

Not that good, we request(rules) that members attach photos(rather that links) when posting.
I have tried repeatedly to upload pics on this site. Regardless of size, it says the pics are to big, when i try to upload from my harddrive, i get an error or time outs, i have gone as far as pm'ing mod's with my problem, only to be ignored or forgotten. I would LOVE to know how to post pics here. I have NO other problems on ANY other site but here. Truth be told, i have even read other members on a similar site to SS complaning about how difficult it is to upload pictures on this site. If there is a secret, please share. ;)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have tried repeatedly to upload pics on this site. Regardless of size, it says the pics are to big, when i try to upload from my harddrive, i get an error or time outs,
How big are your images? The site should be resizing them. The following image is almost 2.5 megs, it's 3648x2736.

4385300205_cac9e4eb67_o.jpg

i have gone as far as pm'ing mod's with my problem, only to be ignored or forgotten.
Send me a pm with the date you sent it and who the mod was.

I would LOVE to know how to post pics here.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...s-a-tutorial&p=1295196&viewfull=1#post1295196

I have NO other problems on ANY other site but here. Truth be told, i have even read other members on a similar site to SS complaning about how difficult it is to upload pictures on this site. If there is a secret, please share. ;)
I don't think it's the easiest and it's definitely not the fastest or best (the limitation on images kills me) but it's outside of our control. It's a forum software issue.

We require images be posted here because the internet is literally flooded with forums that have threads which used to be crazy helpful but are totally 100% useless because people let their image hosts go down or move/delete the images.

Go try and read this thread and you'll see what I mean: http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87930

Nice GL haul, btw.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a website help forum, post your needs there.

We(mods) cannot always answer PMs for issues like this.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Works for me.
His photobucket account may have resized it like our site does: When I upload large files to my PB, it knocks them down.

rustystud

How big are your images? The site should be resizing them. The following image is almost 2.5 megs, it's 3648x2736.

View attachment 513802

Send me a pm with the date you sent it and who the mod was.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...s-a-tutorial&p=1295196&viewfull=1#post1295196

I don't think it's the easiest and it's definitely not the fastest or best (the limitation on images kills me) but it's outside of our control. It's a forum software issue.

We require images be posted here because the internet is literally flooded with forums that have threads which used to be crazy helpful but are totally 100% useless because people let their image hosts go down or move/delete the images.

Go try and read this thread and you'll see what I mean: http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87930

Nice GL haul, btw.

When I was going through all the old deuce posts I came across so many useless posts since the pictures where hosted off site and no longer available . People would say "WOW those are the best I see what you mean ! " problem was I didn't see anything ! So Clinto is right, you must post all pictures here. By the way , great score at Gov Liq. !!!

FloridaAKM

Is all the equipment 3 phase or single phase power requirements? Your starter controls suggest 3 phase! That would make a big difference if you had no access to 3 phase power where you are going to use them. That aside, it looks like a really good score from GL!

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I was going through all the old deuce posts I came across so many useless posts since the pictures where hosted off site and no longer available . People would say "WOW those are the best I see what you mean ! " problem was I didn't see anything ! So Clinto is right, you must post all pictures here. By the way , great score at Gov Liq. !!!
People letting images go down and ruining forum threads is one of my biggest annoyances. It's so common I can't believe more forums don't require images to be internally hosted.

I used to work for a company that liquidated OEM Ford product. So we would buy entire tractor trailers worth of parts and I was the guy who figured out what the items were and what they fit. So I literally spent 80% of my time googling part #'s and trying to identify them.

And you would be astonished how many different forums (there's actually a forum for Tempo/Topaz enthusiasts) are totally worthless. I'll bet more than 75% of internet forum threads that are more than 24 months old are worthless because all those hosted images are gone.

If I ever become benevolent dictator of the world, one of the first things I'll fix is internet forum thread image hosting.

Chrispyny

Is all the equipment 3 phase or single phase power requirements? Your starter controls suggest 3 phase! That would make a big difference if you had no access to 3 phase power where you are going to use them. That aside, it looks like a really good score from GL!
Great question. The motors on the compressors are three phase. Good news is that a spankin new L1510t drip proof 7.5 hp single phase baldor motor is $650 shipped. No pulley changes required. The dryer, and two electric auto drain valves are single phase standard 120v. The motor controls from what i read on the labeling inside 'seem' to be switchable to single phase. I have to get a pro to look at one to be sure. I'd LOVE to keep one to mount on my wall. It would look killer with the big green/red buttons and throw lever in comparison to a boring standard magnetic starter.

Turns out the pump for compressor #2 is gone. Sigh. So the tank, and 3 phase baldor motor are going. As may the like new complete compressor if i choose not to change motors out. I wont get into further details as i dont want to break forum rules.

jhooah

Why not link the tanks together and have double the air supply.

I just built a Rotary Phase Converter for under $20 with stuff I had around the shop and an old 5HP 3ph motor, much easier than running 3phase out to my place and saved ? 21K in power pole/cable costs?

Chrispyny

Why not link the tanks together and have double the air supply.

I just built a Rotary Phase Converter for under $20 with stuff I had around the shop and an old 5HP 3ph motor, much easier than running 3phase out to my place and saved ? 21K in power pole/cable costs?
If i had enough space in my garage, ultimately linking tanks would be my ultimate goal. Unfortunately i only have a 20x22, 2 car garage as part of this house i bought in 2012. As time passes and i build my garage into a manshop/garage, im running out of space quickly. One bay has already been dedicated to my kubota.
Trying to squeeze a single 80 gallon tank in there is tricky enough.

In addition, the more i think about it, the more i want to keep this complete compressor. All i need is a $650 motor off ebay and someone to help me wire this thing in. I have to set it in place where i have room and see if it works for me.
Otherwise it all goes and i get a 60 gal version for $1,400 new.

jhooah

Really, look into the Phase Converter before you plop down $640. It can be accomplished with capacitors only which total under $50 in some cases. If you want a lot of tools see what the power company can run to your house (if you have three lines at the top of the power pole and one under them, it's likely three phase area)
Once you go three phase you can get lathes, mills, other 3ph gear cheap.