• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took Deuce to the local mud pit

TSmallwood

When pulling in to the mud pit everyone stopped and stared like as if everyone was in a daze. I pulled up next to the pit and parked the truck I didnt even have time to get out when people started comming up and asking me about it I got so tired of hearing when you going to put it in so we drove off into the pit at about 10 mph we slowly drove through it and made it everyone was yelling and chearing us on about 40-50 people.
Well everyone just kept on about going back in well we hit the same hole again and due to the deep rutts that we made we got stuck had to be pulled out by a John Deere .
Well after we got out a guy in his Z71 took off hit the hole at 15-20 mph well he hit the
rutts and then bottom well his truck started making a loud sound and no more 4x4 front tires stopped turning. Well he had to be towed on a trailor back home. We had a blast had 2 people asking me about selling the truck but I said no. People had lots of questions about it alot of military stories from the old timers. (Even had a dumb question is it 4 wheel drive). I will get pictures soon anyone near Commerce GA and want to bring their ride over let me know we could have a Deuce meeting.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
nopics

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool,
Let's see some pic's. Where did you get it???????????? Any mud pics? Glad it ran good! :wink:

DanMartin

Yep...XLs are great, and you can get them surplus from a number of places for a reasonable price.

Here's my deuce with 14.50R20s mounted on 11" wide (OD Iron) rims: http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc162/dantheman29a/Tires/
Here's another thread with the same wheels with 15.50/80R20s with flipped hubs (makes no real difference with these wheels): http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24165

I think the 14.50s would allow for more off-road articulation, but aren't as tall.

If you want to stick with stock rims, you can fit the 11R20s on the stockers and keep the dual rear wheel look, or go singles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks