• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top SPEED Of A M35A2 In 6x6????

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Guys,
What is the Top Speed for a 1967 M35A2 with 6x6 Engage (WITH AIR SHIFT SWITCH FOR TRANSFER CASE ON) And what are some thing to not do in 6X6. For example don't drive on the highway on a clear sunny day doing 65mph with 6x6 Engage is not a good idea. Also is there any TM manual, Books, or literature that talk about this subject???

Thanks
-Chris
TM 9-2320-209-10-1

(1) Do not go above the speed shown on the truck instruction and data plate, located
on the instrument panel, directly in f ront of the driver.
During road test, do not go faster or operate the truck
continuously at the maximum allowable speeds shown on
the truck instruction and caution data plate.

Jericho

So. I can use these post as a defense for my speeding ticket honest your honor. I had it locked in an pedal to the metal at 56. Not 68 as the officer alludes. It’s just the NOISE that made him THINK I was going fast But seriously I like to run mine about 53. 55 on the interstate It really loves 48 Every thing just seems to harmonize there

WhoMe08721

My M35a2 will do 70mph at 2500rpm with No problems on the garden state parkway in New Jersey. Truck is stock no after market parts beside big tires (Goodyears MV/T). The only problem is it takes a runway to get up to that speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks