• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Topic Split, was HMMWV now Replica Guns

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the best M2 around for the money is Steve Workmans. It will pass the the 3 foot rule, All metal $550 shipped to your door in the lwr 48. Much Much Much nicer than the mac replicas.

I have his contact info on my work computer for those interested.

Chuck H

Elwenil

As far as the orange tip deal, it is a valid law that could be prosecuted if desired but what we have encountered so far is basically don't cause trouble with it and you won't get in any trouble over it. We have called our large games that require a lot of travel as "simulations" and "reenactments" to sort of fall in under the theatricality bit. This is normally only for large 12, 24, 36 hour + games that normally draw in players and teams from as far away as Florida and Texas. We treat them like real firearms and keep them in cases and transport them just as they were the real thing. We declare them to any law enforcement in the event we are pulled over to prevent any confusion and we talk to the officers about the weapon and how to distinguish it from the real thing if they want to verify that it is an airsoft replica. Basically use common sense. don't wave it around, don't let the kids wave it around and treat it and people around you with respect and I doubt you will have any trouble. the day is coming when we will probably have to fight for the right to keep our toys because of the fools using them to commit crimes, but that is typical. Some countries in Europe have already outlawed airsoft weapons.

If anyone is interested in getting into playing airsoft or just wants some info on the weapons or games or what retailers are best to deal with, post up or PM me. I've been doing this for a few years and have compiled a decent amount of knowledge on it and can point you in the right direction at least.

BKinzey

the day is coming when we will probably have to fight for the right to keep our toys because of the fools using them to commit crimes, but that is typical. Some countries in Europe have already outlawed airsoft weapons.
That day is here in Kaliban. Some groups are pushing any toy that fires a pellet be re-classified as a firearm. Even the Red Ryder BB Gun! It'll put your eye out! :roll:

BKinzey

Since the post was split I will honor that but I am replying to IDA34's post in the other thread.

Your Felony Stop senario is dependent on what State and even what city you are in. I'm not familiar with your States laws but I do know that would be a legal way to transport a firearm in Nevada if the firearm is unloaded. Now if someone was in the turret and swinging the Ma Duce around they could get pulled over and be in trouble weather the 50 is real or fake.

The robbery involving a fake gun is not pertinent here. You can walk into a bank and say you have a stick of dynamite in your pants and give me the money. When you are aprehended it doesn't matter if you had the dynamite or not. I don't know of anywhere in the US where they wouldn't charge you as having had it.

People can have an opinion. It's when they spread stupidity or expect your rights to be infringed because of their stupidity is when I say no. Those who have a severe reaction to even seeing a gun have a personal problem. It's not mine. Some people are deathly afraid of dogs. Would you like to be told you can no longer walk your dog on his 6' leash up the street because your neighbor gets horrific visions of the dog breaking free and savagely ripping their leg off?

Don't hide your "hobby." It's legal. That's no slope either. It's a cliff you are marching towards. Military is being given a bad, or evil, connotation as in military grade ammo. Now you and I know where to go if we were given rifles and told we could have our choice of ammo from the local Military Armory or Joe's Hunting & Gun Store. What about the general public? Kids are getting into trouble at school for pointing their index finger with thumb raised at each other. The general public doesn't know anything about gun laws and have yet to be directly affected by them. In studies were people were informed about gun laws and their affects the general consensus is we have enough, or to many, gun laws

Ideas change for people who decide to make their first firearms purchase.

Technically you may be correct that active duty do not carry weapons mounted in CONUS but I certainly saw lots of rifles being carried in a ready position during Katrina and a General yelling to lower them.

ida34

quoteBKinzeySince the post was split I will honor that but I am replying to IDA34's post in the other thread.

The robbery involving a fake gun is not pertinent here. You can walk into a bank and say you have a stick of dynamite in your pants and give me the money. When you are apprehended it doesn't matter if you had the dynamite or not. I don't know of anywhere in the US where they wouldn't charge you as having had it.

I can't remember what exactly I said about this in my original thread. If I gave the impression that the person could not be charge with Bank Robbery with an air soft then I either wrote it wrong or you misunderstood. I think I was trying to make a comment that no one would be federally charged with removing the orange plug or painting the front. I did give the caution that if their was a local law against it you would be more apt to get charged with it.

Some people are deathly afraid of dogs. Would you like to be told you can no longer walk your dog on his 6' leash up the street because your neighbor gets horrific visions of the dog breaking free and savagely ripping their leg off?

Do I really need to bring up the fact that many municipalities were thinking of banning certain breeds of dogs. Pit bulls for one. This all because the media will put a pit bull story on when they may breeze over the same story involving a lab. A few bad dog owners create a bad impression that effects public opinion which in turn effects the politicians. I feel a better example would be walking past a neighbor that you know is afraid of you dog and letting the leash out to 8' just so the dog can get closer to the neighbor just to scare her. I do feel that having a M2 mounted in a ring mount is the same. Firearms laws vary in a manner of carry across the country but this thing is not up their because it is being transported. It is up there to be displayed. It would be like mounting a rifle through the passenger's side window ready to shoot forward.

Don't hide your "hobby." It's legal. That's no slope either. It's a cliff you are marching towards. Military is being given a bad, or evil, connotation as in military grade ammo. Now you and I know where to go if we were given rifles and told we could have our choice of ammo from the local Military Armory or Joe's Hunting & Gun Store. What about the general public? Kids are getting into trouble at school for pointing their index finger with thumb raised at each other. The general public doesn't know anything about gun laws and have yet to be directly affected by them. In studies were people were informed about gun laws and their affects the general consensus is we have enough, or to many, gun laws

I guess we will have to disagree. I see all sorts of people in my line of work. Not just the people I meet socially and I would have to say that most non-gun owners have mostly never been exposed to any type of firearms and do not really care about gun laws or want them to be more restrictive to make the country safer. Things change from state to state and if you went to Texas or Utah it would probably take you more time to find the above opinion but all it takes is enough of a media frenzy to make a politician change his vote on a bill.

Technically you may be correct that active duty do not carry weapons mounted in CONUS but I certainly saw lots of rifles being carried in a ready position during Katrina and a General yelling to lower them.

I would bet the rifles were not loaded except for MP's They probably had ammunition in a central location with the first sergeant or the company commander.

I was ready to leave this one alone and just read everyone else's take on this one but since I was called out by name felt inclined to respond so. This means I am done talking on the subject but will still follow the thread to see what everyone else says. I may feel more strongly about this topic because of my line of work.

Due to recent heated posting events I must give a disclaimer. This was meant to be taken in a conversation tone. I do not think anyone is an idiot for having a different opinion from me and fully support the right of the other side to think the way they do. Even though they are wrong and I am right. :lol: Please do not flame me or threaten to come kick my a$$ or anything. We are having a nice calm conversation.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, Katrina was a "special event" and NOT the norm due to the NOLA PD being almost non existant, and anarchy was running rampant on the pubic side.. So we'll let the weapons thing go there, loaded or unloaded whatever they might of been.... However, I never saw any crew served weapons mounted in any TV coverage of Katrina.

Also, crew served and individual weapons are different... I would of 100% expected to see soldiers carrying their individual weapons for defense, as we did see... Crew served are not primarily defensive weapons as per Army doctrine.

Bottom line, while what he may be doing in the picture may be legal as per the law, but soccer moms probably dont know that..... And they are the ones that call the PD...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry Joe :oops: :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I remembered looking at them at Peachtree City and for the life of me, I couldn't remember the details....

rmgill

Wow it looks like the federal law in question does not apply for soft air guns or to replicas for our collector purposes.

Nor for my own experience, i've driven around Atlanta many times with what looks like an FN Mag mounted in my Ferret and never had anything more than casual inquiry from officers, who were more in the "wow, that's cool! Is that a real gun too?" camp than the "SIR! Is that REAL?" while reaching for their side arm.

TedG

67Beast,

Yes that was my slant back at Claire, MI. I have just sold it to a friend and now it resides North of Calgary, AB and it has company with an CDN-M37 and several Unimogs :D

If anyone is looking for the weapons platform and riser (less M60) in that picture, I still have that and it is for sale (cheap plug)...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks