• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torsen Differential

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That just means you will still be here once us old farts are gone ![/QUOTE

Your not officially old till you file for social security. Myself just turned 65 this month but applied for social security at 62 because I never thought I would make it to 65.

Last edited:

Nomadic

I was looking at an explanation of the Torsen, Eaton Trutrac differential (Youtube link below)
Is this style differential available for a Deuce? It appears it is used in the HMMWV.
What are the disadvantages of the Torsen?
The disadvantage over some of the Torsen designs/versions is when driving on slippery (icy) surfaces. With an open diff, you would be much less likely to swap ends or have the rear slide out or slide down the crown of the road from both wheels slipping when applying power. I think the Military Hummer had a version of the Torsen that required light braking to get the diff to lock. That would be my choice, but I think they moved away from requiring the brakes to engage the lock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks