• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing a M1009 w/ a car dolly

rfischba1

Nice looking photos, I could tow it off GLs yard, wait til traffic is gone and use the tow strap idea. Do I leave the hubs unlocked and transmission in netural while towing with a strap?

tymbom

So I take it if a M1009 doesn't fit on a U-Haul dolly, the M1008 I need to get from Barstow isn't going to fit either.... U-Haul said the M1008 was 400lbs too heavy for the trailer too. Would it fit if it was a "half ton" M1008???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember folks, the rear axle is narrower. BTW, as far as UHauls is concerned, M1008s and M1009s only weight 2800#......(per end)

CCATLETT1984

Kenny good one, always have to be creative when getting a trailer :D

you should be able to rent a flatbed tandem axle trailer if not from uhaul from a local trailer rental place, that will handle the truck/blazer just fine. They have trailer brakes, so if you have a electric brake controller you'll be all set. If possible get one with a til-deck, makes loading the truck much easier without ramps.

Mike_Pop

A little off topic but I saw a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee towing a Ford Econoline 350 school bus on a tow dolly. Some people really aren't too bright. That dually bus probably weighed twice as much as the Cherokee.

tymbom

Unfortunately I don't have access to a "Local" rental place... I need to tow my truck pretty much the whole length of California...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks