• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer fender Wells?

Ripcord01

Has anyone used civilian fender Wells on the military trailer? I am making a flatbed and need fender ideas. I would like to make them myself but due to lack of shop equipment I can not. Besides etrailer anybody else have any other ideas? Thank you.

Ripcord01

I was looking at trailer supply and I didn't see any that were long enough.I may just have someone cut the wells out of the cargo box sitting in my back yard. Unless anyone needs a box for a 101.

KsM715

If my son ever got a hold of a paint can and did that to my trailer he'd be grounded for a year. :p

Really its your trailer, if you need it to be a flat bed make it a flat bed.

Ripcord01

It would match the truck in you Avitar perfectly. The red for the body and the black for the tires.. You gotta love it. I will tell you at dark you can't see this thing at all..

Ripcord01

I like that idea. I don't want the wheel wells as wide .It takes up to much usable space. I need to get the rims changed out. I don't like the split rims on a flatbed.. Did you use a plasma cutter?

Pawnshop

The M101A2 uses standard 16" Chevy truck wheels, not split rims, so that is not an issue. I started out with an 8" Wildcat grinder that almost broke my wrist when it bound up, and went through about $4 worth of blade per foot, then I tried a Sawzall... THAT is the right tool for the job. I still need to do some grinding to remove the flashing but overall I am very happy with it. The fender wells are pretty easy to modify, section 2" out of each side and a 4x8 will lay flat. This one will be a camper so I won't cut my inner fenders, but I have another one I am seriously considering modding

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks