• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer fender Wells?

Ripcord01

Has anyone used civilian fender Wells on the military trailer? I am making a flatbed and need fender ideas. I would like to make them myself but due to lack of shop equipment I can not. Besides etrailer anybody else have any other ideas? Thank you.

Ripcord01

I was looking at trailer supply and I didn't see any that were long enough.I may just have someone cut the wells out of the cargo box sitting in my back yard. Unless anyone needs a box for a 101.

KsM715

If my son ever got a hold of a paint can and did that to my trailer he'd be grounded for a year. :p

Really its your trailer, if you need it to be a flat bed make it a flat bed.

Ripcord01

It would match the truck in you Avitar perfectly. The red for the body and the black for the tires.. You gotta love it. I will tell you at dark you can't see this thing at all..

Ripcord01

I like that idea. I don't want the wheel wells as wide .It takes up to much usable space. I need to get the rims changed out. I don't like the split rims on a flatbed.. Did you use a plasma cutter?

Pawnshop

The M101A2 uses standard 16" Chevy truck wheels, not split rims, so that is not an issue. I started out with an 8" Wildcat grinder that almost broke my wrist when it bound up, and went through about $4 worth of blade per foot, then I tried a Sawzall... THAT is the right tool for the job. I still need to do some grinding to remove the flashing but overall I am very happy with it. The fender wells are pretty easy to modify, section 2" out of each side and a 4x8 will lay flat. This one will be a camper so I won't cut my inner fenders, but I have another one I am seriously considering modding