• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer hitch question

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I pulled a good one a while back. I was backing up my civvy utility trailer and forgot it was behind me...Let's just say that I know first hand that a trailer can extend out to the side of the towed vehicle by 45deg, forward of the bumper! :oops: And no, there were no pics in order to 'protect' the 'innocent'!!

I have to redo the trailer and thoughts have been going through my noggin (decidedly dense, my wife says) on how I want the trailer tongue to be. I want to be able to tow the trailer with both my civvy vehicle and the M1008. This being said, has anyone seen a combination lunette/civvy setup? I think that I am going to have to modify the front of the trailer so I can bolt either up when I need them. I do not want to convert the civvy truck hitch to a pintle hook setup, it is nice not to to hear the bang...

Any ideas out there?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also a simple channel that can be affixed to the tongue that accepts a host of attachments.

harleyhouse

Attachments