• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer hitch question

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I pulled a good one a while back. I was backing up my civvy utility trailer and forgot it was behind me...Let's just say that I know first hand that a trailer can extend out to the side of the towed vehicle by 45deg, forward of the bumper! :oops: And no, there were no pics in order to 'protect' the 'innocent'!!

I have to redo the trailer and thoughts have been going through my noggin (decidedly dense, my wife says) on how I want the trailer tongue to be. I want to be able to tow the trailer with both my civvy vehicle and the M1008. This being said, has anyone seen a combination lunette/civvy setup? I think that I am going to have to modify the front of the trailer so I can bolt either up when I need them. I do not want to convert the civvy truck hitch to a pintle hook setup, it is nice not to to hear the bang...

Any ideas out there?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also a simple channel that can be affixed to the tongue that accepts a host of attachments.

harleyhouse

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks