• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer rack exensions

DAP

Sounds good. Unless life interferes I will plan to send my tarp out to you via FedEx tomorrow afternoon. I will keep you posted. Do you prefer I use your email address or send you a PM on SS, or just post to this thread?

One thing I forgot to ask. It looks like the M101 tarp does not have zippers, just ties while the CUCV tarp has zippers and windows. Am I correct about the M101 tarps? I do have a M116A3 tarp that is dessert sand and has no zippers just buckle ties and no windows. Interestingly it appears the M116A3 tarp is a couple inches long on my M116 (I think the M116A3 is wider) and the ties for tieing to the bows seem to be slightly moved from where they should be for a M116 tarp. Still very usable for the M116. I just thought some others might like to know differences between the M116 and the M116A3 tarp. Bottom line - I think you can use a M116A3 tarp on a M116, the fit is just not "perfect"

Ripcord01

Does the CUCV have a way to tie it to the M101? I am confused! The 101 covers have the ropes on the sides for the tie downs that is correct. They do not have zippers. The difference between the 101 covers and the 116 covers is a few inches in lenghth and width. SInce the M101 I have is currently tan do you think the best bet wold be just to exchange a tan cover for a green cover? Picture of what I am working with.. I just want to make sure the cover will work for the trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

DAP

As per the pictures my CUCV tarp is green (OD).
For me it doesn't matter if you M101 tarp is green or tan.
I think yours is green (OD).
I can't remember if my CUCV tarp has those web strap pieces to tie them to the bows or not. Does anybody know if they do?
I do know that a lot of the web straps are really used to tie up the sides if you roll them up.

markaroe

Since the ends are tapered . did they just cut the ends flat and shim them togther with steaks ? Got any pictures of the inside of the stretched one?

I hadn't thought much about it until you ask, but the uppers fit inside the lowers. I believe the uppers were in effect swagged to a smaller size for a length.

I guess this is not a normal condition. They weren't spliced though.

I sold the trailer and didn't look that closely.

I will try to find the person and look into it.

If they were reduced I believe each of the sides would be curved in the middle to reduce the overall corner to corner demension.

It was definately 2 sets of side racks stacked on top of each other.

The M105 side racks have longer posts than the 101's. I wonder if you could use the posts from a 105 to build yours. The 105 posts are about 47 inches I believe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks