• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trani probloms

JerseyMud609

i just got my 1984 m1008. at first it was going thro the gears but after the guy i bout it from droped it off last night it wont **** out of first. it is a little low on trani floid. could that be the problom . what es should i look at or try to get her going faster the 15 mph??? :evil:

Westech

CPL
I would say use the search function this has been covered (no joke) at least 100 times. There are so many posts on the th400/6.2 combo and problems that are common. First do you know how the shifting controls work on the cucv? If not your going to be in trouble. Get your self a shop manual and read up, also the TM's are a great place to look for info on your problem.
It sounds like a couple of different things are/could be wrong. #1 Governor is stuck/worn. #2 valve body is stuck. #3 the shift modulator is stuck or has full vacuum and is acting like you are at WOT. #4 The TPS is broke and sending full vacuum to the shift modulator and the trans is thinking your at WOT all the time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOT=wide open throttle

The TM's for the cucv, are in the resource section, here on the site. Download and save them to your computer(fastest way).

JerseyMud609

ok well i toped of the trani and she still wont leve 1st. but she can still rost the tires on the back. :-D had to try it out!! i realy what to try to figure it out befor i tear the truck down to restore her but i might just and up pulling it apart part by part and replace what ever is work out or borken and hope that fixis it

Rock_Solid

First check if its in 2wd. When I got my m1008, my friends and i could figure out why it wasnt going into 2nd (or 3rd). It was in 4w-low. After we unstuck the transfer case shifter and put it in 2wd-hi, it shifted fine, then went back to 4wd to see if the hubs worked. I tell you what, at about 3/4 throttle, when it shifts to 2nd, it feel like its going to break your neck! Got to love those t400's and torque!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks