• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trani probloms

JerseyMud609

i just got my 1984 m1008. at first it was going thro the gears but after the guy i bout it from droped it off last night it wont **** out of first. it is a little low on trani floid. could that be the problom . what es should i look at or try to get her going faster the 15 mph??? :evil:

Westech

CPL
I would say use the search function this has been covered (no joke) at least 100 times. There are so many posts on the th400/6.2 combo and problems that are common. First do you know how the shifting controls work on the cucv? If not your going to be in trouble. Get your self a shop manual and read up, also the TM's are a great place to look for info on your problem.
It sounds like a couple of different things are/could be wrong. #1 Governor is stuck/worn. #2 valve body is stuck. #3 the shift modulator is stuck or has full vacuum and is acting like you are at WOT. #4 The TPS is broke and sending full vacuum to the shift modulator and the trans is thinking your at WOT all the time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOT=wide open throttle

The TM's for the cucv, are in the resource section, here on the site. Download and save them to your computer(fastest way).

JerseyMud609

ok well i toped of the trani and she still wont leve 1st. but she can still rost the tires on the back. :-D had to try it out!! i realy what to try to figure it out befor i tear the truck down to restore her but i might just and up pulling it apart part by part and replace what ever is work out or borken and hope that fixis it

Rock_Solid

First check if its in 2wd. When I got my m1008, my friends and i could figure out why it wasnt going into 2nd (or 3rd). It was in 4w-low. After we unstuck the transfer case shifter and put it in 2wd-hi, it shifted fine, then went back to 4wd to see if the hubs worked. I tell you what, at about 3/4 throttle, when it shifts to 2nd, it feel like its going to break your neck! Got to love those t400's and torque!:-D