• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans. ?

Oasis-3

UPDATE

We switched out the lid with the old one and took a look inside. We did not see anything out of the norm, put the old lid on and it shifts much better BUT it still tries to jump out of 5th and as soon as it warms up it gets hard to get into 3rd again. I think Randy is going to run it like this untill it warms up some this spring, then we will swap out the trans again.

Thanks for all the help, will update again when we try something new or get it changed out again :-D

daytonatrbo

m 35 tom, i am very curious to your answer for this 5th gear jumping as i have the same problem along with a deffening noise which i assume to be the trans. please help !!!
Digging up this old thread after falling down a rabbit hole, to ask a question.

1 of the 2 deuces I just picked up has a very loud whine in 4th & 5th gear (road speed above about 35mph). It sounds like it could be a BIG gear whining either in the transmission or maybe an axle.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I haven't driven the truck enough to do much troubleshooting, but I would love a tip to follow in the right direction.

Thank you!