• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case work -where to go in MI

sporanox

As the title describes, my transfer case is leaking on my M1008. I live in Jackson, MI. Any suggestions on a shop/person to take it to for repair?

Many Thanks

sporanox

I was told by a guy who use to own a M1008 it is a seal, unfortunately he lives a few hours away. Any guidance on DIY would also be appreciated.

coecamo

I own a M1008 too I replaced both in and output seals when I did my transmission swap the seals are easy to change. Ibought a Harbor Frieght transmission jack adapter because ithat one fit my floor jack. It helped alot since I pulled my trans and transfer case by myself..I raised tires about 2 inches off driveway. lots of room to pull T-case. Gary

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the title describes, my transfer case is leaking on my M1008. I live in Jackson, MI. Any suggestions on a shop/person to take it to for repair?

Many Thanks
If you check around for independent big rig truck repair shops that have been around for a long time, they can usually do the work.

poppop

I am working on a 205 transfer and found everything I needed on the internet. Complete gasket and seal set on epay for $39.00 All other parts on a site called quad4x4 which were very reasonable. They even sell a vidieo to tell you how to rebuild it. Just do a search for np208 and you will get several hits. I ordered the parts last Sunday and the last pieces came in today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks