• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case work -where to go in MI

sporanox

As the title describes, my transfer case is leaking on my M1008. I live in Jackson, MI. Any suggestions on a shop/person to take it to for repair?

Many Thanks

sporanox

I was told by a guy who use to own a M1008 it is a seal, unfortunately he lives a few hours away. Any guidance on DIY would also be appreciated.

coecamo

I own a M1008 too I replaced both in and output seals when I did my transmission swap the seals are easy to change. Ibought a Harbor Frieght transmission jack adapter because ithat one fit my floor jack. It helped alot since I pulled my trans and transfer case by myself..I raised tires about 2 inches off driveway. lots of room to pull T-case. Gary

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the title describes, my transfer case is leaking on my M1008. I live in Jackson, MI. Any suggestions on a shop/person to take it to for repair?

Many Thanks
If you check around for independent big rig truck repair shops that have been around for a long time, they can usually do the work.

poppop

I am working on a 205 transfer and found everything I needed on the internet. Complete gasket and seal set on epay for $39.00 All other parts on a site called quad4x4 which were very reasonable. They even sell a vidieo to tell you how to rebuild it. Just do a search for np208 and you will get several hits. I ordered the parts last Sunday and the last pieces came in today.