• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission trouble

Mass Ownage

Let me start by saying I know next to nothing about transmissions. I have a god awful grindy/knocking noise coming from my tranny. It only does it in fifth gear. You can feel it in the shifter. Any ideas, where should a start? It has fluid, I checked it today.

Mass Ownage

The noise comes and goes. it will be fine one minute, then make the noise then I can push the clutch, it will stop, and i can release the clutch and it wont make it for a while!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Get the OD one if you have a choice! The model should be a 3053a. Some of the 3052(non OD) were converted to OD. Best way to tell is put it in 5th and see if one revolution of the input shaft makes MORE than 1 rev at the output shaft.

ctmustang

depending on the number of parts you may need vs the cost of a good used one I'd go with the used one. Strange that it comes and goes I wander about release bearing coming apart or something in the area.
Just my 2 cents C.T.