• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission trouble

Mass Ownage

Let me start by saying I know next to nothing about transmissions. I have a god awful grindy/knocking noise coming from my tranny. It only does it in fifth gear. You can feel it in the shifter. Any ideas, where should a start? It has fluid, I checked it today.

Mass Ownage

The noise comes and goes. it will be fine one minute, then make the noise then I can push the clutch, it will stop, and i can release the clutch and it wont make it for a while!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Get the OD one if you have a choice! The model should be a 3053a. Some of the 3052(non OD) were converted to OD. Best way to tell is put it in 5th and see if one revolution of the input shaft makes MORE than 1 rev at the output shaft.

ctmustang

depending on the number of parts you may need vs the cost of a good used one I'd go with the used one. Strange that it comes and goes I wander about release bearing coming apart or something in the area.
Just my 2 cents C.T.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks