The wye connector handles the LO setting (front & rear heads) so one wire loops back around and joins up with one of the HI wires and same with the front head. I'm really impressed how the male rubber cover worked out! Looks very clean and pretty close to what factory wiring could've looked like.
And that's it for the install - next up is the scary part; add power to it and see if any magic smoke escapes and see if the circuits work the way they should...
I turned on the power (12V) and I took the test light to each power junction in sequence to make sure each leg of the circuit was sound before I let the voltage flow to the next point: battery ‐>relay->clutch switch->throttle switch->rotary switch->LO circuit->HI circuit. No smoke escaped and the center jake head remained isolated with the switch on LO. The LO & HI circuits still function as I wanted even though I forgot to put diodes on the LO side. And looking closer at it I actually only needed the diodes on the 2 HI side heads that would prevent the voltage from the LO side from back feeding and traveling down the 2 HI side wires and into the 3rd HI side wire (center head). My circuit ended up looking like this:
I took it for a road test yesterday and electrically, everything works like it should!
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!