• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck ID. Help!!!

Desert Rat

Polverone,
Do you have a data plate with a more recent manufacture date on it? I heard rumors Deuces were made until the mid 90's but have not seen any data plates to either confirm or deny this. I have seen a date of '89 so I know they were made until at least then.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, is the fire truck a real military fire truck? Tell ya what, post a pic of all 3 and we'll figure it out. The fire truck might be a 530 b or c class which is on the M45 chassis.

Desert Rat

Kenny,
Is a militart tastier than, say, a poptart? Um, what's the difference between a real militart and a fake one, or an artifical one? Curious minds want to know.................

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as the fire truck it sounds like a 530 class. If it has the batteries in the normal position then its a 530B class. If the batts are where the spare goes then its a 530C class.

I finally figured out the year of my truck. No stamped date on the frame rail and was really in bewilderment. I tried looking at the diffs to see if the date was stamped there but could not see them good enough.
I finally took a jewlers visor, a flashlight, and some steel wool under the truck and scrubbed the plate and voila'!!
I can see it now with the jewelers visor. Darn old guy eyes.
6-72 stamped on front and rear diff.

Yay! My truck just had a birthday!!

BigWheelBob

I recieved all my updated sf-97's, went to dmv with them and filed for titles so the next person would not have any problems. I have sold the m-35 already. I sure appreciate the help in identifying these trucks. Think I will buy some more!

D=Rat said:
Gary,
6-72 is the gear ratio in the diffs. Mine are the same and my truck is a '67.
[complaining] [complaining] [complaining]
Shaazbaht!!!! (Kicking rocks) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm going in with a dental pick next.
My goal is to get this thing registered this month and drive it more than 2 miles if it kills me.
:shakehead: :shakehead:

Westech

CPL
ok guys I need help on this one. I have the issue number 91 june 02 military vehicles and it has vehicle markings. Fo rht e life of me I cant fig out what the numbers on my truck stand for. Anyone have any ideas?? 31 35B C208

dlb

I have a 68 m35a2 by kaiser jeep and it has a spring seat low air warning light, air shift transfer case which I did some of the updates myself but most were done in 9/89 w/mwo including new motor, exhaust, turbo, tranny, transfer case, brakes both air and hyd., multifuel heater, either start, tires and paint. when I got it the vin had a number that wasnt clear and could go either way and I had to get a state trooper to correct it for me. mine doesnt say any where on it the date of manufacture on it just the title had it dated in 68 so it must havew been on the military paper work?

FSBruva

DR-

In a previous thread, you mentioned that M35's were made up until Jun '98.... is there some dyslexia? Or why do you now say '89?

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks