• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck-Lite Route Clearance Lights Installed

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that is what I found when sourcing lights. LED's are truly awesome, just more than I care to spend.

I got my lights on sale for I think $10/each and then spent about $2/each to put 24 volt bulbs in them. Those 24 volt bulbs aren't as bright as LED's but they are pretty dang bright. Added a little paint and viola, I'm out of pocket with 8 lights for half the price of 1 LED light. Hopefully the price for LED's will continue to come down and I can work them into a future truck. :idea::idea::idea:

I did find some on that auction site that can't be named but rhymes with pay.

$135 for four of them.

Better but not cheap.

Rich Soil

Hi, Scored a set of the Route Clearance Lights (Truck-Lite 07392) . Question, the two wires out of the back of the housing, one has blue tape (circuit 17) and one has white tape (circuit 91). Which one is positive (24vdc) and which one is negative (gnd). I don't want to assume and test them without being sure. Thanks for any info out there. -Rich

JOateyNV

91 is ALWAYS ground

Hi, Scored a set of the Route Clearance Lights (Truck-Lite 07392) . Question, the two wires out of the back of the housing, one has blue tape (circuit 17) and one has white tape (circuit 91). Which one is positive (24vdc) and which one is negative (gnd). I don't want to assume and test them without being sure. Thanks for any info out there. -Rich

mhb285

Anybody got info on connecting these things up?
Looks like it grounds thru the body and #16 and #17 are the hi & low beam for the unit.
Can I hook them both up HOT, or is a dimmer required so as to not fry they.....
Thanks
Mike

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody got info on connecting these things up?
Looks like it grounds thru the body and #16 and #17 are the hi & low beam for the unit.
Can I hook them both up HOT, or is a dimmer required so as to not fry they.....
Thanks
Mike
"16" is really "91", and is ground.

There is no hi and low... these aren't headlights.

NebraskaFan

I picked a pair of these in the spot variation to go along with the flood version that I already had. They are bright and hold a nice beam, the tree line in the picture below is ~150 yards away. The first picture is the low beams for comparison. 20160918_165643.jpg20160919_202312.jpg20160919_202332.jpg

bj1104

Adlai E. Stevenson How did you make the spare tire holder for in your bed? I want to do something similar but looking for ideas.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

At the last Mt Dora winter meet, there was a guy selling these LED lights either singly or by the crate off of his flatbed transport truck. The crate contained the entire wiring harness, switches, mounting hardware & instructions on how to hook up. I will leave off the price I paid for the crates due to guys here selling single units, but they were in sealed crates for the military to install on MRAP's in theater.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
At the last Mt Dora winter meet, there was a guy selling these LED lights either singly or by the crate off of his flatbed transport truck. The crate contained the entire wiring harness, switches, mounting hardware & instructions on how to hook up. I will leave off the price I paid for the crates due to guys here selling single units, but they were in sealed crates for the military to install on MRAP's in theater.
I have the whole setup for $400. I think or $450 either one. Better than the $100 a pair they sell for.

FloridaAKM

Well now, we know what you want for yours & the market can adjust accordingly; or not. Mine are going on my trucks when the mosquitoes go away from the 32" of rain we got last month.

Thanks again for the help with the M-1082 trailer moving last month. :goodjob:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks