• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck shutting off after driving/ return valve?

distantgi

Well attempted to solve the problem today.. Troubleshot all possibilities and got it running again. Idled fine in the driveway, took it for a test drive and it died 2 blocks from the house. Pretty sure something in the tank is at fault, because the electric fuel pump i have installed sounds like it aired up. Anyway seems like a recurring problem after using 5 gallons out of a full tank and the vehicle moves and it dies. Gonna check tomorrow and drop the tank to replace the fuel level sending unit, check and replace all fuel line. I will find out for sure then. I will take pics of a trouble spot if I find one.:)

ryan77

Yes I did that too. I did fuel tank, sending unit, all the rubber sections of fuel line, fuel pump, did spin on filter base, injection pump, injectors, return lines (tygon), glow plugs. Lots more but thats what i did in relation to fuel system.
My problem has to be electrical.

Any updates??? Did you find the problem???

distantgi

Replaced sending unit and fuel line, turns out the tank had sand in it. Cleaned it all out removed and cleaned out steel line and checked fuel pressure aft of new fuel filter. 8 psi. Runs great now..

Iamnewatthis

at it again.

I got back at it last couple of days.
Got it narrowed down to; the lock cylinder, & or the ignition switch. (new switch)

The power to everything wont stay on unless i maintain forward pressure on the ignition.
The glow plug wait light takes forever to go off, then it will start right up.
However, when the glow plug relay opens back up with it's thud, the truck shuts off.
And even after its running, if i dont maintain forward pressure on key/ignition, it all shuts down. Its definitly electrical, not mechanical.
Anyone have any thoughts?
A friend thinks the ignition switch isnt mounted high enough on the steering collume so the rod isnt maintaining contact. I dont know.

ETA, lock cylinder is mushy and doesnt go in the reverse.

TACMED72

I know this is an old thread but maybe somebody has found the fix to this. I'm having the same problem, my truck drives for a bit and then dies. the return valve has been modified and there is a contants stream coming from bleeder valve on filter. any suggestions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks