• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

truck went into lake

itsunday25

ok my gf was driving my m1008 stoped got out and never put it in park:x long story short the truck went down hill in to a lake . i got it out got water in trans and motor now the motor is nocking MY LUCK. i can get a military 6.2 for 900$ with 1,200 miles on it or i can get a 6.5 turbo one for 500$ i dont know wat to do wat one should i go with if i go to the 6.5 wat mods do i have to do thanks if eney one got eney input.

DokWatson

Don't tell me you started it and drove somewhere without replacing every fluid in that engine. Probably could have saved the engine if it wasn't running when it submerged. Tranny was most likely doomed anyways... they never bounce back from severe water intrusion.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics? If anything needs pics, it's a deuce on it's side or a CUCV in the water.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've taken a girl to watch the "submarine races", but never tried to enter the races!

itsunday25

ya she still my gf water was just up to floor bords had to get it out had to kind beat on it . started nocking trans was just put in brand new idk wat to do put 6.2 or 6.5 if i do 6.5 wat do i have to do to make it work i am going to redo the hole truck.

Injunfarian

All depends what you want.
If you want reliability go with the 6.2... if you want power and be able to keep up with other vehicles on the highway go 6.5

Just pull the plugs and crank her. No need for a new engine ;?)

Seriously, do you know what's up with the power plant? I can't imagine a new engine would be in the equation, unless, of course she's paying, then go with a 6bt and all the goodies you can get away with.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ya she still my gf water was just up to floor bords had to get it out had to kind beat on it . started nocking trans was just put in brand new idk wat to do put 6.2 or 6.5 if i do 6.5 wat do i have to do to make it work i am going to redo the hole truck.
If the water was only up to the floorboards how did you get water in the engine ?

rnd-motorsports

In post #8 He stated in text lingo not proper English that he had to beat on it to get it out ! Should of pulled it out. But sounds as if he really over revved it. To answer the question the 6.2 will be the easy est swap, Bolt in no changes! The 6.5 same bolt in but you have to do other things like remove the back battery and tray to make room for turbo and a few others. in post #13 injunfarian stated something about the 6.5 will let you go faster, That is not true! You are not changing the gears so even the 6.5 will not live long over the 55 speed, neither will take the high rpm for a long time. Even a 350 gas or 454 will bolt up with minor changes,exhaust and other things, But will still only be happy about 55-60 mph. these are not race trucks, But work trucks! :driver:

itsunday25

it was still runing it was trowing water up with the fan all over the motor i think it sucked it throw intake the oil was not that bad . i never beat on the truck i wash it every day . i am a diesel mechanic so i can do the swop just trying to see if it is worth it . some ppl tell me you need to cut the frame to make cross over pipe to work. i did the 12 volt swop on it i put both batters on left and righrt wheel well. but would the power gane be worth the swopi am going to redo the truck now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks