• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

truck went into lake

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your a diesel mechanic, FIX IT. If you got water into the engine, and enough got on top of a piston to bend a rod, one rod and one piston is WAY easier and cheaper than a motor swap...

I don't think it would be worth it to swap the motor, unless you just have to have more power.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This kinda disproves the old saying....

You can lead a CUCV to water, but you CAN make it SINK ! ! !

nopics

It seems to me that the chosen method of recovery was NOT conducive to the subsequent or continued operation of the vehicle.

Mistakes tend to compound themselves when men are motivated by their HORMONES !

The initial Operator Malfunction was quickly followed by a recovery Operator Malfunction.

Hmmm Seems to me (and this is my child-rearing experience talking) that if a kid destroys his toys, giving him better toys (engine upgrade) will simply result it the destruction of better toys. There is a lesson to be learned here that I'm not hearing acknowledged.... or did I miss something in this conversation?

Monies to be spent on repairs coulda/shoulda been spent on a suitable method of recovery. IMHO

:soapbox: . . . . . :rant: ok, i'll shut up and crawl back under my rock now.

oldMan99

it was still runing it was trowing water up with the fan all over the motor i think it sucked it throw intake the oil was not that bad . i never beat on the truck i wash it every day . i am a diesel mechanic so i can do the swop just trying to see if it is worth it . some ppl tell me you need to cut the frame to make cross over pipe to work. i did the 12 volt swop on it i put both batters on left and righrt wheel well. but would the power gane be worth the swopi am going to redo the truck now.
Holy English, spelling and grammar lesson Bat Man!

Is it just me or was reading that difficult and painful? Please invest a few minutes in running spell check and proof read your posts.

I'll not even ask why a diesel mechanic needs to ask how/what to do here.

itsunday25

not trying to be rude but when you take a ied hit to your 5 ton and you cant see that good eney more out of you right eye and left eye ent that good nether i got mest up bad so be for you start saying stuff find oput y first and i dont got pics of it.

bubba_got_you

not trying to be rude but when you take a ied hit to your 5 ton and you cant see that good eney more out of you right eye and left eye ent that good nether i got mest up bad so be for you start saying stuff find oput y first and i dont got pics of it.
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your serves but if you want us to be able to help you, you have to help us and try and use spell check or proof read before you post. 1st it makes you look stupid and 2nd it is hard to understand. [/FONT]

bevanet

I have a 82 blazer that had a 6.2 that went bad. Had a 6.5 put in and I'm very happy with it. My frame didn't need to be cut at all. From what I heard at the time the 6.5s were built stonger. The turbo makes these run smoother. If the 6.5 has an electronically controlled pump, that is even better since it runs quieter and with less smoke. I would go with the 6.5.

bubba_got_you

I have a 82 blazer that had a 6.2 that went bad. Had a 6.5 put in and I'm very happy with it. My frame didn't need to be cut at all. From what I heard at the time the 6.5s were built stonger. The turbo makes these run smoother. If the 6.5 has an electronically controlled pump, that is even better since it runs quieter and with less smoke. I would go with the 6.5.
[FONT=&quot]I would go with a 6.2 with 6.5 turbo 6.2 block is stronger. Unless the 6.5 block is an amg block. [/FONT]

jimmy-90

ok my gf was driving my m1008 stoped got out and never put it in park:x long story short the truck went down hill in to a lake . i got it out got water in trans and motor now the motor is nocking MY LUCK. i can get a military 6.2 for 900$ with 1,200 miles on it or i can get a 6.5 turbo one for 500$ i dont know wat to do wat one should i go with if i go to the 6.5 wat mods do i have to do thanks if eney one got eney input.
If you can get a 6.5L turbo for about half the price that runs good I know which one I would go for. I've been useing my M1028 to haul alot of things since I converted it to a flatbed lately and once you get about 3000lb or so on the truck and trailer it starts bogging down a little when I drive it on hilly roads. I know the 6.5L turbo will never be able to match a 6BT but it should give you the option to tow a trailer with a little more ease. Those are my thoughts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks