• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck won't start

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The FDC limits the fuel to the motor. It makes it seem that all fuels have the same btu. It is mostly closed with diesel and way open with gas. That is why so many people have to lower their fuel screws when they bypass it.

It is also a main cause of letting fuel into the crankcase oil, a BAD thing to have.

harleyrkc

The FDC limits the fuel to the motor. It makes it seem that all fuels have the same btu. It is mostly closed with diesel and way open with gas. That is why so many people have to lower their fuel screws when they bypass it.

It is also a main cause of letting fuel into the crankcase oil, a BAD thing to have.
Where does that leave me running it on a 50/50 oil/diesel mix?

harleyrkc

I don't understand your question.
Well as you stated above, with the FDC connected it remains mostly closed for diesel and wide open for gasoline. But if I bypass it, how well can I expect the engine to run on 50/50 oil/diesel? If bypassing it is the best option I'll put it back, Im just concerned it won't handle large amounts of oil.

goldwing2000

Banned
Well as you stated above, with the FDC connected it remains mostly closed for diesel and wide open for gasoline. But if I bypass it, how well can I expect the engine to run on 50/50 oil/diesel? If bypassing it is the best option I'll put it back, Im just concerned it won't handle large amounts of oil.
It will run fine when bypassed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks