• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to find posting on LED taillights

Harleighguy

Hello all...

I'm trying to find the post on the LED taillights being sold on Ebay cheap. I found the Ebay listing, but I am interested in the post because in it there is listed the NSN for the new Turn Signal Switch that is compatible with the LED turn signals and allows them all to "blink" correctly due to a lack of resistance in the LED lights. I have spent the better part of the afternoon already using the search feature.... NO JOY there~ So here I am... I know someone will know what I'm looking for! THANKS!

KsM715

Your not going to find it. It got deleted. Dont ask why just leave it alone.

Several people bought them and maybe they will be nice enough to PM you the NSN

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The difference in the 2 switches are pretty obvious. I'd just check them out from the dealers online, not hard to figure.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not the turn switch, its the flasher unit you MAY have to be concerned about. One option is:

No Load Flasher, NSN# 5945-01-584-9793

Last edited:

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, it seems I missed the boat here. I take it that these new tail light assemblies will not work with either the flasher in my M1008 or my M54A2, right?
So I need to replace my flasher in my M54A2 with No Load Flasher, NSN# 5945-01-584-979.
Any idea if I have to replace the flasher in the M1008, or what the part number would be?
Thanks,
Bruce

KsM715

Are you going to put these LED tail lights on your 1008?

IIRC if your just using the tailights but still have reg, bulbs in the turn signals up front your stock flasher should still work.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I missing something or are the M1008 tail lights completely different than what was sold?

Hello all...

I'm trying to find the post on the LED taillights being sold on Ebay cheap. I found the Ebay listing, but I am interested in the post because in it there is listed the NSN for the new Turn Signal Switch that is compatible with the LED turn signals and allows them all to "blink" correctly due to a lack of resistance in the LED lights. I have spent the better part of the afternoon already using the search feature.... NO JOY there~ So here I am... I know someone will know what I'm looking for! THANKS!

If your.flasher does not work, you can always add a load resistor and it will work like it is supposed to.

Just.measure the resistance of each light module replaced, buy the closest load resistor.you can find to your measurement, and put it in parrell with each of the new LED modules. This will be lots.cheaper than a new flashed module.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess he was going to use them on a trailer, with his 1008

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to find the post on the LED taillights being sold on Ebay cheap. I found the Ebay listing,
How long until someone complains this post is against the rules?

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.

And now, 2 mods have posted on it! :deadhorse:

shootiniron

Any leads on where to get the "no load flasher"?It seems that its the standard flasher unit thats readily available,according to the NSN numbers.Thanks!

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.

It looks like you have answered your own question.

However, that said, it appears that those other.two moderators disagree with you. As do I. Should he have posted his request in the classified.section? There is always a bit of a grey area in enforcing the rule.to keep all classified forum items/subjects totally in the classified forum. There sure are a Lot of examples of this in a large number of the other forums.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I don't understand why it includes Buy It Now. If OD Iron or Trucklite put them on sale for 30 bucks we could post that up couldn't we?

Oh well, I guess I don't need to understand, I just need to shut up and follow the rules.

The OP could have maxed his credit cards out and bought all he could at 30 bucks and made a killing selling them for 60 in our SS classifieds. And a lot of us still would have bought at 60. And that would have been uncool.

:roll:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was not against the LED thread. After over 10 hours of explaining the difference and saying it was ok(I made the call), it continued to be debated.

Now, the masses can live with the tight assed rules they asked for.:-D

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
www.trucklite.com or www.grote.com Look at the military section.

You may NOT need the flasher. Once you have a FULL SET (front and back) of LED's then you'll know.. The earlier LED lights needed it, I dont know if the later ones still do...
I hope to find out Monday. I got busy today and didn't install the four I bought. Once I know if they work I'll post up.

Soldier B is home from his 3 week stay in the frozen Iowa tundra and will be able to turn wrenches with me.

Of course if it doesn't work I'll post up looking for the EASIEST fix for someone, um, electricly challanged.:driver:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are several ways to "fix" that issue. cheap

mangus580

I can tell you when I put the full Grote set on my deuce a couple years ago, I did NOT need a new flasher unit.... Of course, I have no idea the NSN # of my flasher...