• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to Import a APC OT-64, need advice

L1A1

Thanks guys, everyone is giving me alot of advise, contacts and thing to look for and LOOK OUT for. Once i go through this, I will create a check list or step by step of what one has to go through to get a foreign military vehilce here in the states.
I suspect it is going to be A WHILE before i get to really PLAY IN THE MUD.
Always give me more info here.

I am all ears!!!!
This thread may be of assistance to you in your quest.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?138852-How-NOT-to-import-armor

Matt

Capricorne63

In France the OT-64 is a classified and we must have a special accreditation, it's easy but long !
Mortar is a very serious enterprise and fortunately they speak French !!! :grin:
The OT-64 is a splendid vehicle y just want to find a notice in French or English !
I 'have the CZ notice...
Very difficult !!!

datadawg

= Mortar is a very serious enterprise and fortunately they speak French !!! :grin:
I tried to deal with Mortar Investments and after emails and calls and spinning my wheels, I gave up. I would be very leery of buying from them unless you can go there, kick the tires and supervise or enforce whatever they promise to do. My point is that if they can't provide service before the sale (when they still don't have your money), what kind of service can you expect after they have your money? Just my experience, others may have it differently.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need any help, pm me. As a dutchman with a czech wife, I can at least help translate or help kick whatever needs to be kicked

Robin33ba07

I have been that soldier ,I imported an OT 64 from Czech to Ireland in 2009 ,kept it for a few years and sold it to a UK dealer who re sold to some one in Australia ,they are a rare bit of kit ,some times have regrets about selling it but you need a lot of space and the visability is shocking still have a drivers manual if any one is interested

dmetalmiki

There are road registered up and running tidy, and with all the kit, ot60 skotts here in the U.K. available. I was thinking of purchasing one, but after viewing and trying one, Formed the opinion they are NOT safe on our roads anyway. (due to the drivers restricted view). Great off road or on a ranch/farm etc. Yes I know I went for a "hugey" but at least I have ((somewhat)) decent all round vision. (and More importantly, experience, and the appropriate drivers license in type).

OldDuke6

Unfortunately I can not give precise information about the tuning of the BTR - that's not my organization does. In my country there are many companies that can convert military technology ...
I always thought that it would be cool to see a OT-64 converted into a Camper. I wonder if anyone has ever done that?

*USSR,
Has anyone in your country ever done that?

Given it would require alot of fabrication work to transform it, it would be the coolest vehicle on the block, and everyone would definetly get out of your way at the RV park.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks