• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to Import a APC OT-64, need advice

CLANSMAN

I am looking at purchasing and importing a Russian OT-64 APC with turret. I wanted to know the full extent and or who i need to contact to help me get it to a very nice home here in North Carolina.
Any adice would be appreciated.aua
I purchased and imported an OT-64 about two years ago and currently have another one on the water. That said, I have learned a lot about the process. I'm sure I can help you.

L1A1

USSR
That is interesting. I've seen a similar conversion using a BRDM as the base vehicle. You would probably know the answer to this: Can the driver of a BTR-60 or BTR-70 drive the vehicle with his head out like a tank driver can?
Matt

Last edited:

USSR

USSR
That is interesting. I've seen a similar conversion using a BRDM as the base vehicle. You would probably know the answer to this: Can the driver of a BTR-60 or BTR-70 drive the vehicle with his head out like a tank driver can?
Matt
Why stick your head if the driver has a good review?)

L1A1

Why stick your head if the driver has a good review?)
I don't think you'd get as good a sence of what is happening around you* from within the vehicle as you would "head out" regardless of the rather generous view ports on those BTRs. I know your vision to the sides (especially the right side) would be poor at best even with mirrors. I do understand the purpose of a "co-driver" and that large armored vehicles tend to have the right of way on the road....:)

* I'm not refering to combat but having a working idea of where the edges of your vehicle are in relation to world around it.

Matt

USSR

When we make a tuning similar vehicles - we instal cameras on the perimeter and side night-vision devices

L1A1

When we make a tuning similar vehicles - we instal cameras on the perimeter and side night-vision devices
Went back and had a close up look at those BTR-60 photos you posted. I can see the small TV monitors mounted where the vison blocks used to be. I would have thought that you could fit more passenger seats into that vehicle given it's size. What is the turret used for considering it's original purpose?
Matt

USSR

Unfortunately I can not give precise information about the tuning of the BTR - that's not my organization does. In my country there are many companies that can convert military technology ...

USSR

Went back and had a close up look at those BTR-60 photos you posted. I can see the small TV monitors mounted where the vison blocks used to be. I would have thought that you could fit more passenger seats into that vehicle given it's size. What is the turret used for considering it's original purpose?
Matt
I assume that the tower hatch closes a hole through which is possible to shoot from hunters weapons...

Attachments

12BMatt

Thanks guys, everyone is giving me alot of advise, contacts and thing to look for and LOOK OUT for. Once i go through this, I will create a check list or step by step of what one has to go through to get a foreign military vehilce here in the states.
I suspect it is going to be A WHILE before i get to really PLAY IN THE MUD.
Always give me more info here.

I am all ears!!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks