• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo design

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have a lot of knowledge designing and sizing turbos? I have a 9.0 litre diesel that will not be run at 2500 rpm in a m-35, and want to choose two water cooled turbos for it. I do not want any more than 8 psi boost. i know there are many other input criteria and i am working to get them. max fuel consumption (whole engine, 8 cylinders) 840 cc per minute without turbo, i just want 40 more hp. i am thinking that just burning the wasted fuel (black smoke) might do that.
Tom

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is only one user id here that is Ken. Do a search and it should bring him up. He is in Tx

Best I can do, sorry.

Jwaller plays with turbos for a living if memory serves me correctly, might try him too.

HanksDeuce

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
thanks hank, problem is that these sites are for gas engines and get crazy results for big slow turning diesels. i have some more engine specs, but it gets very complicated. i was hoping there might be someone here with design experiance.
tom

HETvet

Those things come stock on the mazda speed engines; 2.3 liter 4 banger turbo engine. Stock it's putting out 8 psi and on that engine can only push about 10-15 psi with the stock SMIC.

The turbo I suggested is one of the 2 turbos that come stock on the 6 liter V12 audi twin turbo TDI that is in the euro spec Q7 TDI. Ball bearing and water cooled.