• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo design

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have a lot of knowledge designing and sizing turbos? I have a 9.0 litre diesel that will not be run at 2500 rpm in a m-35, and want to choose two water cooled turbos for it. I do not want any more than 8 psi boost. i know there are many other input criteria and i am working to get them. max fuel consumption (whole engine, 8 cylinders) 840 cc per minute without turbo, i just want 40 more hp. i am thinking that just burning the wasted fuel (black smoke) might do that.
Tom

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is only one user id here that is Ken. Do a search and it should bring him up. He is in Tx

Best I can do, sorry.

Jwaller plays with turbos for a living if memory serves me correctly, might try him too.

HanksDeuce

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
thanks hank, problem is that these sites are for gas engines and get crazy results for big slow turning diesels. i have some more engine specs, but it gets very complicated. i was hoping there might be someone here with design experiance.
tom

HETvet

Those things come stock on the mazda speed engines; 2.3 liter 4 banger turbo engine. Stock it's putting out 8 psi and on that engine can only push about 10-15 psi with the stock SMIC.

The turbo I suggested is one of the 2 turbos that come stock on the 6 liter V12 audi twin turbo TDI that is in the euro spec Q7 TDI. Ball bearing and water cooled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks