• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal wiring

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
This might help. It's in the TM shown below. With out the wire tags, this is going to be a fun puzzle... BUT doable.

TM9-2320-280-20-3 and TM9-2320-387-24-2 both have full schematics at the end of the manuals. Google them or at the top of this HMMWV forum at TM's

OK... I said it , TM CAMO

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I was bored so I looked at the TM I directed to you and spotted a mistake in the truth tables
So lets look at how the switch works.
Pins
A Right front turn signal
B Left front turn signal
C Left rear turn signal/brake
D Brake light feed from light switch
E Right rear turn signal/brake light
F Power feed to turn signal flasher
G turn signal power feed from light switch
H feed from turn signal flasher to the directed turn lamps

So you will see than in the neutral position D, the brake light signal feeds C and E the rear turn signal/brake lights.

In any other position than neutral the power feed G from the light switch is connected to F the power feed to the flasher and the indicator light.

In the right position H, feed from the flasher is connected to A right front lamp and E right rear lamp, also D the stop light signal is connected to C the left rear stop/turn lamp and there is the error, there should not be a connection between the left rear stop/turn lamp and the right turn signal circuit as the arrow points to.

And for the left turn position H the feed from the turn signal flasher is connected to B the left front turn lamp and C the left rear turn/stop lamp, also D the brake light feed is connected to E the right rear turn signal/stop lamp.

I hope this helps...
SNAFU.JPG
I wonder who proof reads this stuff!!!!

Last edited: