• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal wiring

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
This might help. It's in the TM shown below. With out the wire tags, this is going to be a fun puzzle... BUT doable.

TM9-2320-280-20-3 and TM9-2320-387-24-2 both have full schematics at the end of the manuals. Google them or at the top of this HMMWV forum at TM's

OK... I said it , TM CAMO

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I was bored so I looked at the TM I directed to you and spotted a mistake in the truth tables
So lets look at how the switch works.
Pins
A Right front turn signal
B Left front turn signal
C Left rear turn signal/brake
D Brake light feed from light switch
E Right rear turn signal/brake light
F Power feed to turn signal flasher
G turn signal power feed from light switch
H feed from turn signal flasher to the directed turn lamps

So you will see than in the neutral position D, the brake light signal feeds C and E the rear turn signal/brake lights.

In any other position than neutral the power feed G from the light switch is connected to F the power feed to the flasher and the indicator light.

In the right position H, feed from the flasher is connected to A right front lamp and E right rear lamp, also D the stop light signal is connected to C the left rear stop/turn lamp and there is the error, there should not be a connection between the left rear stop/turn lamp and the right turn signal circuit as the arrow points to.

And for the left turn position H the feed from the turn signal flasher is connected to B the left front turn lamp and C the left rear turn/stop lamp, also D the brake light feed is connected to E the right rear turn signal/stop lamp.

I hope this helps...
SNAFU.JPG
I wonder who proof reads this stuff!!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks