• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal

Hasdrubal

On my 86 M1009, all of a sudden my left turn signal doesn't flash. Replaced bulbs, still nothing. Looks like there is only one flasher for both sides and my right works fine. When I put my park lights on, the rear left is lit up but not my side marker and my turn signal-running light has a faint glow to it. The right side works normal. What gives here??? Any ideas??

JohnFire

could be the switch but I would spend the $10 and get a heavy duty flasher, even though the other one is working it might be it. I have had problems similar but cleared once I replaced the flasher unit.

Hasdrubal

Well, picked up a new heavy duty flasher unit, that fixed the turn signals. Looked at the front running light/turn signal, the metal tab inside the bulb socket has broken off where it's supposed to contact the metal bulb casing. Will have to pick up a new one tomorrow, in the interim I'll temporarily fix it with a small piece of wire.

JohnFire

The original flashers for these trucks are really garbage. I had problems before I hooked a trailer up. My signals were really fast, and with a trailer they didn't even work. Happy to hear that fixed yours.

AJMBLAZER

Okay...call me slow but are the front yellow lights on the side supposed to blink? One of mine does and the other doesn't. Just noticed this a while ago before the present problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks