• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turned 16, so time to drive!

Flyingvan911

10-4 On that!

I drive responsible at all times, drive it like a semi rig, under the speed limit at least 3-5 mph, if not more, coast while coming to an intersection(light can change quickly!).. I follow far away from the person in front of me.

And i figure, i have a weapon, a weapon that can kill some one, easily. So i keep that on my mind at all times.

I try my best to be safe..

Thanks!
You're a good man!

Capt.Marion

Trust me, you're gonna be one heckuva better driver for the time you spend in the driver seat of the deuce.

One warning: You'll quickly find that you prefer driving the deuce over anything else. This is coming from 1st-hand experience.

I'd suggest spending a lot of time in empty parking lots learning how to fit her into regular parking spots--it's a great way to make people's eyes pop out of their heads! A Deuce'll fit; you just gotta get good at it.

YTS Deuce

Unless daddy is rich and free with money, I would think that something that gets better mileage would be more practical.

That's what's so great about this site, always somebody there to rain on your parade... :roll:

Speaking of parades, make sure you load the back of that bad boy full of cheerleaders and put it in the Homecoming parade!:jumpin:

Congrats and have fun! :driver:[thumbzup]

davidkroberts

if your sixteen and already getting to drive a MV what are you going to look forward to now? half the fun of owning one is trying to explain to your wife why "we" need one.

mattg2448

I'll buy me a Hemtt!

That would be very interesting!

And my father likes YTS's idea, although he wanted to add something... Camo cheer leading outfits!
And I'm by far not rich, I've always had to buy my own things, and this was while i got the
deuce.. I really don't know how im going to pay for fuel next week.. :deadhorse:
And i figured, we have an area of parking space at the school that is about 20 parking spaces, not being used, so ill just park there! It's right next to the snow pile, so i may show off a little :)

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea Matt, i definately share your excitement and understand that you're a good careful driver. I dont know what it is withthe deuce, but i do drive it more like an old man. its just fun being big and driving it easy. i gotta say it is cool hearing the turbo spool and make power. its not a race car but thats the fun in driving it! i put 5000 miles on my deuce last summer and it was a great time! i think i drove that more than i did my hot rod! i ran diesel most of the time, but did expirament with some WMO and that was fun. just make sure you filter it real good to save the filters on your truck. you're gonna love that truck more and more the more you make it your own!:twisted:

YTS Deuce

Thanks! That was inspirational! :D

As the birthday cards come in, i start to see a pattern... They're all gas cards. rofl
LOL! The perfect gift!

LOVE the camo outfit idea!

Here's another idea, check with a few restaurants and see if they would give you their waste fryer oil. You'd need to filter it really well but they make filters just for that purpose you can pick up at a restaurant supply house. I know I would gladly give my old fryer oil to you, but Montana's a tad far to drive for a fuel up. ;)

Tahoe

Yes the Duece will attract girls.

Just remember that cheerleaders are much more expensive than diesel fuel....

Tahoe

mattg2448

Well today, and I do not have a lot of friends, I'm kinda that guy that is unknown by most. But today, I had about 20 people come up to me, roughly 15 that i didn't know. "OMG do you drive that big green truck??" My response? "Nope, i drive that Honda Civic!" Haha, people were just staring at me while i was trying to get out of the parking lot.. IT was interesting! I have to say, thanks for all the help and info you guys had given me/everyone! Keep on rolling!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And i figured, we have an area of parking space at the school that is about 20 parking spaces, not being used, so ill just park there! It's right next to the snow pile, so i may show off a little :)

Just a note, don't park on the snow pile and leave it there. Deuces have a way of sinking into snow piles, and becoming stuck. I found this out the hard way, and spent hour and half digging out the deuce with the tractor/loader.

It's really refreshing to see someone that's 16 come on here, and talk about driving the deuce responsibly, use grammar, know how to spell, and actually have an idea of what they are getting into. I'd say you have a bright future.

Dennis

P.S. Just noticed I said drive responsible, and have an avatar of doing a burnout.aua

Last edited:

johnjdeg420

Great job matt!! My son and i (who is a matt and 18) just picked up a 71 kasier in great shape and he is on cloud 9 right now. Just need to check the brakes and do a pm and its all his. Good luck

mattg2448

Just a note, don't park on the snow pile and leave it there. Deuces have a way of sinking into snow piles, and becoming stuck. I found this out the hard way, and spent hour and half digging out the deuce with the tractor/loader.

It's really refreshing to see someone that's 16 come on here, and talk about driving the deuce responsibly, use grammar, know how to spell, and actually have an idea of what they are getting into. I'd say you have a bright future.

Dennis

P.S. Just noticed I said drive responsible, and have an avatar of doing a burnout.aua
Thanks! Now i know! It's actually pretty funny, i'll tell you a little bit my life, i came a long way this past couple years..

My father started me on operating equipment, you know the typical age.. About 5 years old, and I have been operating ever since. I've listened to Country Music since i can remember. Well around 2-3rd grade, my parents pulled me out of school to be homeschooled, and they own two businesses so it was hard to keep up with the schooling.. So if you can guess, i fell behind, substantially. Between addictive video games, and working with my dad (just standing around drooling over tractors haha) I pretty much didn't do my school work. And roughly at the age of 12-13, my father worked me like an employee and i got payed, which i think started my track to success.

And by time i was late 13ish i just couldn't spell, what was grammar? and math and all that, well, i was pretty much stupid. So i decided (on my own) to give up my favorite thing(working) and go to school, and get my diploma. So 2 years later, i am an All "A" student, enrolling in Metal machine shop next year and becoming a certified Machinist. And why i got my truck? Well, my father bought one for work, and i fell in love.. And me and him know that i was going to be driving one! So that's pretty much it.. Kinda interesting.. I was this punky kid that turning into a successful "Straight A" Punk!:razz:

johnjdeg420

Well Matt - Your life sounds all most like my son's. Home school'd till 8 grade - Had anuff of Mom teaching him and went to Tech high school.
Took up welding and 4-years later he's 18 and a cert. pipeline welder working 40+ hours a week. More than his father.
I alway's wanted a duece - had the 4 wheeler in 78 with 38" ground hawg's but a wife and 3-little ones put a end to the dream.
Well the dream has come true for me and him. ( even the wife's happy for us ) So have a great time and injoy i'm just printing out tm- for the weekend work. have a good one

USAWEAPON777

Matt that is awesome! I'm also 16 and drive my m1008 to school a lot. I'd love to be able to drive a deuce in. I can imagine the faces already, heck my m1008 gets me looks. I bet peoples jaws just about hit the floor when you pulled up in that beast! Keep it up and drive safe :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks