• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turned up the Fuel today

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got my pyrometer, boost gauge and water injection installed today. I turned up the fuel and Wow, what a difference in power. There is a long hill near me that I used to have to get down in forth gear on and barely make it with the peddle to the metal, now I pulled that same hill in 5th gear at 65MPH. the boost went to 26lbs and EGT was just under 1,100. It feels like I have doubled the power on this truck.

dittle

Did you turn a screw or bypass the FDC? Not that it matters just wondering what you did based on your EGT.

JCKnife

Maybe it's just because I'm older or maybe it's because I don't think my wife would let me buy a new engine, but top speed of 45 does not bother me in this truck.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you should see the black smoke roll out of the stack at 26lbs of boost going up that hill, it remindes me of a diesel pulling tractor..way cool.

treeguy

What would you guys say is the limit (safe for the 465) for boost and EGT's? And what the ....... is this water injection thing-a-ma-bob? Black smoke?, I turned my fuel up 1-1/4 turns and my smoke is grey.

DieselBob

Where is the thermocouple mounted. Before or after the turbo. I can't see that much boost and smoke and that low of a EGT. I will admit I don't know much about water injection though. Maybe that explains the low EGT ?

Last edited:

Billy Bobbed

What would you guys say is the limit (safe for the 465) for boost and EGT's? And what the ....... is this water injection thing-a-ma-bob? Black smoke?, I turned my fuel up 1-1/4 turns and my smoke is grey.

I wouldnt go past 1250 or 1300 EGT before turbo very long.My C turbo is boosting 13 to 14 now.That gray smoke,fuel and water makes gray.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys…I got ya all..This post is an April fool’s joke..lol. my bad, but it was fun to hear the comments on 26lbs of boost on a 465 multifuel. Hope you’re all not mad at me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks