• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turned up the Fuel today

Unforgiven

I don't get it.

The tach says 2200 rpm. The speedo says 51 mph. The GPS thingy says 55 mph. The EGT says ?, it's too blurry, maybe 1000 degrees. But the boost is almost 30 psi?

Perhaps the boost gauge is not calibrated properly.

My truck, straight from GL, did 55 mph if I wasn't carefully watching. What am I missing? Is turning up the fuel simply to increase throttle response?

Green Toys

Green Toys we need more info on what engine you have.Is that the multifuel or did you put another engine in it.
Sorry for highjacking the thread.

Ok, I know the video quality sucks, but it is all accurate, it’s in a 5 ton with the multi-fuel motor. Its is intercooled, FDC is bypassed with a in cab manual adjust on the fly, the 5 tons have a waist gate, I have block mine off, the pyro is in the manifold and the boot gauge is accurate, I have tested it, the truck has a overdrive trans and 46” tires. Tops out around 73 mph but rides nice @ 55 MPH, I know that I am pushing the limits, but if it blows I have a complete spare motor, and will improve any thing that fails. I have put hundreds of miles on it, many pulling at the max capacity. The boost maxes out around 28 PSI @ 1200 degrees. PS: Yes it goes fast, but I’m not the nut out trying to race a 30 year old lead sled…….. Unless you want to, LOL

If any one is ever in central Florida Ill let you go for a spin. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks