• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

two m35a3's at local yard

demonhunter77

I was at the Circle K scrap yard (in calera,alabama) today and the owner had to show me his green steel after i drove up in mine. He has two M35a3 that look in dang good shape. One is camo with no top that he says runs very great (its a fifth wheel deuce). And the other is a red fire department deuce with no bed. He said it runs great too but the breaks went out. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

demonhunter77

Well they were 2.5 ton rated and had the big ugly air collection barrels on the passenger side of the nose and 5 speed. And they aren't for scrap. He bought them a while back and have them sitting in what looks like a motley collection of vehicles. It looks like he wants to keep them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Most likely they're 5 ton multifuels if the breather is on the outside. The A3's breather is a smaller can with an inlet sticking straight up. The 5 ton multis (and macks) have something about the size of beer keg that run lengthwise on the fender.

goldneagle

Most likely they're 5 ton multifuels if the breather is on the outside. The A3's breather is a smaller can with an inlet sticking straight up. The 5 ton multis (and macks) have something about the size of beer keg that run lengthwise on the fender.
Ye what he said! Here is my M52A2 multi:

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The easiest way to tell a deuce from a 5 ton is , a deuce has 6 lug bolts per wheel and a 5 ton has 10 lug bolts per wheel

demonhunter77

That's it Goldneagle! they must be M52's because they look just like your pic. I swear i wish i had the money to buy them from him. I have never seen an interior in such good shape for a military truck as his firetruck one it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks