• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

two m35a3's at local yard

demonhunter77

I was at the Circle K scrap yard (in calera,alabama) today and the owner had to show me his green steel after i drove up in mine. He has two M35a3 that look in dang good shape. One is camo with no top that he says runs very great (its a fifth wheel deuce). And the other is a red fire department deuce with no bed. He said it runs great too but the breaks went out. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

demonhunter77

Well they were 2.5 ton rated and had the big ugly air collection barrels on the passenger side of the nose and 5 speed. And they aren't for scrap. He bought them a while back and have them sitting in what looks like a motley collection of vehicles. It looks like he wants to keep them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Most likely they're 5 ton multifuels if the breather is on the outside. The A3's breather is a smaller can with an inlet sticking straight up. The 5 ton multis (and macks) have something about the size of beer keg that run lengthwise on the fender.

goldneagle

Most likely they're 5 ton multifuels if the breather is on the outside. The A3's breather is a smaller can with an inlet sticking straight up. The 5 ton multis (and macks) have something about the size of beer keg that run lengthwise on the fender.
Ye what he said! Here is my M52A2 multi:

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The easiest way to tell a deuce from a 5 ton is , a deuce has 6 lug bolts per wheel and a 5 ton has 10 lug bolts per wheel

demonhunter77

That's it Goldneagle! they must be M52's because they look just like your pic. I swear i wish i had the money to buy them from him. I have never seen an interior in such good shape for a military truck as his firetruck one it.