• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two more rescued!!

sailor2000

THEY LIVE!!!!!!!! [thumbzup] :driver: [thumbzup]

And before I get hit with the "this thread is useless without pics" thingy, a running Deuce looks a lot like a non-running deuce!!!! :wink:

Special thanks to spicergear for the sawzall and ratchet strap tips on the torque rods... worked perfectly!!! The sawzall was the perfect tool for getting the old rubber off / out. Would not want to drive very far that way (With the ratchet sraps holding the torque rods on), but it got the truck out of the mud in the middle of the yard and up on the concrete...

The D turbo Deuce cranked up and ran great with just a little boost from some automotive battery cables and a little shot of ether... on closer inspection, the engine looks like it just came out of the crate... the non-trubo had deader (is that a word?) batteries and I had to get the REAL slave cable from the Museum Maint truck (I have GOT to get a REAL slave cable for the toolbox), but a few shots of ether and she cranked right up too...

My son was amazed.. he had some hope that the one with 'runs' in soapstone on the hood might start, but was sure there would be something else dreadfull wrong with the truck... and was equally sure the other one was hopeless... he sure was grinning as he drove them around the yard today!!! lol!!! :driver:

All in all, a great recovery from the depths of GL heck!!!

sermis

Good luck on your toys. I have some 50' jumpers and a few shorter cables. If you can talk Ken into the road trip come on this way. You can get some parts and Ken can bring me some parts, and Ken can get some parts.