• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uh Oh...M934

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope like heck they aren't as bad as the ones they once sold at WPAFB. Desert tan box trucks that had sat out interestingly enough in the desert without any upkeep.

But maybe you wanted encouraging news. In that case, fill it with fuel and drive it home.

archmark

Of Course...

..., now why didn't I come up with that solution. Greenjeepster, you're a genius, in spite of what everybody else says...

dmetalmiki

Nice looking truck. Hope it drives as well as it looks. Someone pointed out it does not build up air. Take a tool box and compressor. keep us posted on your mission.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If is not building air, there is a very common problem with the piston on the bottom of the air dryer sticking. Just shove a pen or pencil up the middle of the cup to reseat the piston. Then plan on R&R.

jeepsguy

Hi. A friend of mine bought a van like this out of Chambersburg. The yard man drove it up to the gate. All it needed was a new soft top and air in the front tires. He drove it 170 miles back to VA. It had some bad plywood panels in the interior and the AC eqpt. was removed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you can't get it to build air the two alternatives are flat towing it to a place where you can work on it or a RGN trailer. They are too tall for a step deck (ask M920).
I flat towed one for a fellow member with my M927A2 with the air lines hooked up between them for braking.
It was still a high pucker factor mission.
Good luck. It looks like a very nice truck.

Baradium

Nice looking truck. Hope it drives as well as it looks. Someone pointed out it does not build up air. Take a tool box and compressor. keep us posted on your mission.
I'll also point out that some sites leave the air drain valves open on the passenger side of the truck, so before you get any tools out make sure they aren't just opened (if that was the case they might have them closed by the time you get to it anyway). My 923 was like that, I didn't notice the air was showing zero psi until AFTER I'd already put my bid in though... but when I contacted the site to make sure it was possible to drive it off they said they'd just left the valves open. That was at Yakima, WA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks