• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UK APC's/Tanks (FV432/CVRT) in States

B3.3T

There must be proper permits for the export- country where purchased- and import- US BATF forms. These are two different hurdles and are not related. Each country has its own export requirements; exporting from the UK is totally different than France for example. I have and maintain a federal license and even with that, the procedures can be long and daunting. And having ATF on speed dial is not a good idea.

kochevnik

Augdog is CORRECT and I was wrong - I went to double check my paperwork today after seeing this thread again, the approved paperwork is, in fact, stamped NOT FOR RESALE.

Just to be sure I emailed the BATFE and will find out right from them. When I get a response, I will post back here.

Last edited:

Augdog1964

I never said it was not legal to sell your armored vehicle you imported...

It is however, VERY different if you are bringing multiple vehicles in, and listing them for sale... or selling them outright. And if you are making money from it, you must be registered as an importer.

The ATF will look at your activity and determine in their own minds, if what you are doing constitutes a business. There is no subjective standard that I know of.

Carlo

I may be wrong but is the EPA involved in all imports even one off's? Non of the UK equipment or any other European Armies machines can meet the USA TIER standard.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I'm bumping this thread up again. I found a website that's based over in the UK that has FV432's listed for 6K pounds. (About $10K USD) Is that legit? What's the cost of importing them? Anyone been through this exactly?

wideload

You will be very lucky to find a legitimate running 432 for that sort of money these days, a major dealer here just cleared the market buying 40 of them for a major export deal they were paying up to £8k each for them. What website was it you were looking at, I may know who it is and be able to confirm if they are reputable people.

Carlo

Try it find out if they are gasoline or diesel powered. The gas powered are old and I mean old and under powered. I looked for 4 years before I bought mine and 6 grand must be a dud for that money. Be careful.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try it find out if they are gasoline or diesel powered. The gas powered are old and I mean old and under powered. I looked for 4 years before I bought mine and 6 grand must be a dud for that money. Be careful.
Honestly I don't mind what powers one. It's more for a display piece than anything to me. (can't drive it on the road) Also, that's 6K in pounds, or about $10K USD.

Carlo

Then one of the gas powered would suite you fine. Your problems start if you try to use it. Keep in mind the type of car the English made in the MG, triumph, jag and ect and you will see simularities in the FV432 series as in reliability, quality, and ease of maintenance.
The MOD has released all the diesel powered rolls Royce units and converted the ones that are left with 5.9 cummins motors. Now they have a good apc but can you compare it to a M113? I don't think so.

Carlo

I drove my FV432 to Milan the first weekend of November cause I had problems with my trailer and all my "friends" with transport were busy. It was about 49 Kms. It was a experience I won't soon forget.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks