• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ultimate well nut repair

boatman69

802a. I couldn't bring myself to fix junk with junk, not on my machine. Maybe a grass cutter.Nitrile or not those things are doomed. This even comes with a viton o-ring. Here is the permanent fix. $10.99 + S/H
You do need to remove the fuel filler so you can get your arm in the tank. I was going to fish it in with a small piece of cable but I decided I wanted the tank spic and span. Fishing it through would be tough but on a bet I could pull it off.
Here is what you need.
http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/10047/arlington-10897
And a 3/4 inch washer , perfect fit no modifications required.
20170827_200732.jpg
It is a tight fit on the inside radius of the tank but it proved to be no problem. Enjoy

Last edited:

Chrispyny

Wow. Finally a real fix. Im sorry i couldnt find that myself.

SICK and tired of leaky well nuts. Ordered! $20.23 shipped and WELL worth it if it keeps my genset bone dry of leaky diesel!

dav5

Boatman now that you have convinced me to use the brass fitting I'm not sure how to remove the filler tube. The TM says remove bolt 23 and the drawing seems to indicate they are the 6 bolts surrounding the opening. There is no access to the nuts on the underside of the flange. There are 2 captured nuts on each side of the angled sheet metal flange. Accessing the bolts would involve removing the top panels to get at them. Is that what you did? Photos enclosed. Thanks TedIMG_0736.jpgIMG_0737.jpg

boatman69

First you need to remove the top panel on the front of the machine. Then the front panel. And you'll have access to the nuts. And you might want to wait to put the top cover back on until I get some pictures of the exhaust flapper setup I made nothing exotic but righteous. Be sure to install the MPT to AN adapter on the new bulkhead fitting before trying to install the fix.

Last edited:

JOHNPFD1

I just ordered the brass fittings from Plastic Mart if you call them instead of going through the website the shipping is much cheaper 866-310-2556

Chrispyny

Just wanted to hop back in here and say ty to boatman69 again. My part came in 2 weeks ago. After removing the old well nut, i ran a piece of thin wire into the tank frommthe engine side and out the fill hole. Slipped the new brass fitting thru the wite, and it slid down the wire almost right into the bung opening on the inside of the tank. I did use a washer like Bam suggested, and i have not lost a single drop of fuel since this mod over 2 weeks ago. Prior to this mod, i personally replaced my well nut at least four times, each time the fix lasted meere months and then began to fail again. I'm sure this is finally a permanant fix.
Thanks again pal.
Now to slowly clean up the mess. I think i'll wack the oily spots with brake cleaner until the oil spots are gone for good!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks