• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade brake switch vs old style switch

toddm

I spent about forty minutes today under my truck and successfully installed the new upgrade switch. It was not that hard at all, once you knew exactly where it goes. Now I have brake lights, my wife actually for the first time ever sat behind the steering wheel and pressed the brake pedal for me. I did have to get a smaller elbow at .375 vs the .500 they had with the kit. My short tubing cutter came in pretty handy. I went to Home Depot and picked out the parts I needed for a bleeder and all I have to do is order a gallon of silicone brake fluid. So when I need to bleed the brakes I won't have to get mad at my wife for not knowing when to press the brake pedal and when to release it. Thanks again to all who responded to my question. Todd

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Thanks for the photos Todd...Now it's more than perfectly clear what needs to be done to change this switch out. I am mechanically inclined, but when it comes to breaks on the Deuce, I want to know exactly how it's done.

toddm

I am putting the plug in place of the old switch before I even drive the truck. I needed to get some silicone brake fluid before I open things up, that's why I made the bleeder so I'd be ready. Thanks for letting me know to get that old switch out of there anyways. Todd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks