• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade downtime coming this weekend

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This weekend I will be upgrading the forum software to address a few issues. The board homepage should remain up, but the forums will be closed from access. I project the upgrade will take about 2 to 3 hours. I will setup the alert page to the backup chat room during the outage to people can at least converse a bit.

Thanks in advance!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bump, tomorrow is when I'll get started. I honestly don't have a set time for this. (I'm on call, so I'll have to play it by ear)

I plan on tinkering a bit on the SEMTT in the AM while it's cool, then starting the upgrade when it gets hot outside. All of this is subject to change due to work.

Sorry to not have a nailed down time for you. But this will be the only weekend I'll have to work on the upgrade for at least another month.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bump!

Getting started now on some of the backend stuff. (Backing up files) Then I'll have to shut down the forum to start the database backup and upgrade.

Al Harvey

That didn't take too long at all. Everything seems to be working fine that I've noticed. Thanks for the updates and site maintance.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I started with what I could at a little before 10am. I had all that done by 11am. Then started the actual database backup and upgrade. So downtime to users was 1hr 6mins. Total upgrade time 2hrs 11mins.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cleanest leech field I have ever seen. Clear water, not black and we dug the whole thing, tiled and graveled BEFORE we cut to the septic tank.

I grew up as a kid working for my Grandpa putting in systems. My Bro still does it once in a while. It is roots in the line from the house to the tank. I'm hiring someone now. Too tired and too old to deal with it anymore. Running the backhoe and 24 tons of gravel in 90 degree heat a stick fork in me, I'm done. At least it is all covered, they can just root it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks