• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrading to radials

rhyne6262

I am thinking about upgrading an M35 with standard non-directional tires to a radials and singles on the rear. What components are need to convert the rear duals to singles and what tire and size is recommeneded without any lifting or rubbing?
Regards
Adam R.

M1075

:deadhorse:

There is quite a bit of info on this if you want to search for it. If not, I'll give you my input and opinions:

1. New rims and tires are the only components needed to convert to singles. You may need to flip the rear hubs, depending on what rims you decide to go with.
2. The smallest single tire I would use is 12R20. You can also use 14.5R20, but both of these are hard to find. Some run 11R20, but if you want those, just keep it duals. The biggest tire you can run is 46" such as the Michelin XML 395/85R20 or Michelin XL G20 Pilote 15.5/80R20.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll add a bit to James' (M1075) response. If you run a tire like a Michelin 1100X20 XL radial, you can use the standard deuce rims. This is what the NG does. I have never seen a freshly released singled out M35A2 with rims other than the standard deuce rims. I have a singled out M35A2 with these tires on it right now and owned another one previously. I am not sure why James said that you should not run these tires/rims (I am paraphrasing a bit). Perhaps, it has to do with weight carrying capacity? Maybe, James can elaborate a bit...

M1075

Others may like it, but my opinion is that stock rims on a deuce in single configuration look goofy. The rear track is very narrow, compared to the bed width. M135 rims look better, especially if you get a narrow pipeline bed such as Cranetruck. Otherwise, super singles call for new rims (M35A3 or custom).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kip, many people feel that the look of a deuce with duals on it is "what a deuce is supposed to look like". I personaly feel that way. I do understand that a singled out deuce will out perform a "dually"deuce(off road), but I like the looks of them with duals.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
James, I agree that the rearview looks wimpy with the singles...kind of scrawny looking. With that said, I like the XL tread pattern much better than the NDTs so that offsets things. I would consider putting duals on it...but the XLs cost so much (and are tough to find).

M1075

You mean 14.5s though, right? I had that setup on my deuce and then sold the set to Readyman. He has one of the best looking deuces I have ever seen!

OD_Coyote

M1075 said:
You mean 14.5s though, right? I had that setup on my deuce and then sold the set to Readyman. He has one of the best looking deuces I have ever seen!
Right you are 14.5s. I hope to shoe my truck with 1100R20s and 14.5s someday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks