• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upstate South Carolina OD Yard

mudguppy

i thought that might have been the area - i was looking on google maps by the clues in the photos (hampton inn). :wink:

I-85 / Hwy 221 is exit 78.

SmokeyDod

I'm not sure. He mentioned his name but with my memory I was lucky to get home . I believe it was but it there tomorrow, I'll get his card. It come be his son's name.

iam4thapack

There is no point in keeping the guys name a secret, and sending PM's to only those who want to know. There are a lot of members on here who may want to buy things from this guy, or he may have parts available that members need...it looks like he has a lot of generator stuff, that could help members out.

Just post up his name and contact info...it's not breaking any site rules. And 2 months from now when somebody needs this information and they are too lazy to do a search for parts places around their area, this post will be lost.
Sure didn't want to break any site rules. Being a noob on here. Sorry for any confusion didn't want to keep it secret ;-). The contact information I have is from his business card.. I always called his cell #. Nice guy.

Name of business is Diesel Truck Sales, Inc.
Ask for Mr. Shook.

864-415-3322 Cell
864-582-8843 Home

Located right off of I-85/US-221 near Spartanburg. He has another yard near his house south of this location that has lots of parts units he said..

muddog

His first name is Carlos and his son's name is Chuck. Very nice people, give them a call and see if they can help you. I have gotten some stuff from them and also keep my trucks at his son's house.
Harold

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
iam4thapack said:
Sure didn't want to break any site rules. Being a noob on here. Sorry for any confusion didn't want to keep it secret :wink:. The contact information I have is from his business card.. I always called his cell #. Nice guy.
I don't know how that post might have been perceived by most people, but I was not intending to sound like you were keeping secrets or trying to keep the information to yourself.

I was simply trying to let you know that by simply passing on a good source for OD parts, you were in no way breaking any site rules that I am aware of.

If you had been working for this gentleman, or somehow been profiting by promoting him or had been this fellow himself, and came on saying "Hey, I have all of these things for sale at my shop/store, contact me" That would have been a clear violation of the rules, and he should have just purchased advertising space from the site. As it is, you are just passing on a good source of parts that other members may find very useful.

iam4thapack

I went down and picked up my MEP-003A and he has another one that he says will be ready for sale soon that just arrived yesterday. It had 800 and some odd hours on the clock so I am not sure what the price will be. If you are in the market for one this one looks very nice. I didn't take my camera with me to take any photos of anything today. Now I have to wait for some dry days so I can get the truck in my yard to get it off the trailer. Things are a mess around here after all the rain this week combined with 3 weeks of subfreezing temperatures making the ground hard. Now the thaw has taken place and the mud is 4" deep in places. Sure would make the miss' mad if I tear up the yard too bad...